Sandbox 1936 broken: Consumer good production raising to fast?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kantismus
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Sandbox 1936 broken: Consumer good production raising to fast?

Post by Kantismus »

Hello,

SRU Build 9.1.38
Sandbox 1936

please check the overtime increase of consumer goods production. Playing as Brazil starting in 1936. One year in the game and the efficiency gains are eating up all of the global power production. It is impossible to keep pace with increasing demand by building new coal power plants. Almost every single country already ran short on power including germany and the uk.

i suppose it is the consumer goods production because brazil in 1937 has a theoretical production capacity of 3.300 consumer good (Start 924, demand 900 with high taxes) an i did not build any

thanks and best regards
Last edited by Kantismus on Dec 25 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Kantismus
Sergeant

Re: Consumer good production raising to fast?

Post by Kantismus »

I just want to remember: This Problem still exists. Any 1936 Sandbox start the same observation. Consumer goods facilities raising fast in max possible output (can be checked in the facilities description). Production increase eating up any electric power production surplus fast(!) worldwide(!) than crashing the US economy, which is a net-importer of electric power in 1936. This means crashing the main producer for consumer and industrial goods early on and that way crashing world economy as a whole with few regions staying above 20% domestic approval. As a human i have to manage consumer goods production manually. AI cannot deal with it at all. They simply keep fighting WW2 without any military goods production at all.

This can be observed within a few month into it every single time. Choose a small country not involved in WW2, turn game speed to maximum and see how everything goes down. In my opinion 1936 sandbox looks completely broken for now. Please take a look.
Nerei
General

Re: Sandbox 1936 broken: Consumer good production raising to fast?

Post by Nerei »

I think part of the problem is that power plants are underperforming. It does not appear as bad as in 2017/2020 but doing a bit of math the largest power plant of the time (Hoover dam) would require around 15 perfectly supplied large hydro electric power plants for its all time worst year (1956).

Another power plant I found from the time was the UK Battersea coal power plant which was rated at 243MWe in 1935. Assuming it can maintain 50-75% efficiency it is going to require 5-7 large coal power plants to be accurately represented.
Vonthoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Vonthoma »

same with the DLC 1914, special the AI isn't able to handle that.

Don't know, why the Devs don't change the output , when they see it isn't working.
Special when AI couldn't handle it, it is a game at all, so balance it, that at least it works, for the AI, without cheating.

Look how US is broken in 1923 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as there is only basic support for that game, PLEASE make at least a fast fix, so it could be played ...

INCREASE ENERGY OUTPUT of all power plants for at least 30% , if you look at USA it would even need 50% ...........
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The latest insider build might have an impact on this issue...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”