China-2020-GDP/C

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

China-2020-GDP/C

Post by YoMomma »

Seem devs updated gdp/c at release (from 6000 to 12000) which is 2013 data. However China still has 6k gdp in game, because in YOUR game you have to put the gdp values the same for grouped regions (northern/southern china, tibet, etc.)

Now that data is obsolete so might as well put 2016 data from the wiki which is 15417 GDP/C.

Just a slight difference in world economy :P

Thanks for fixing and giving suport!
Gameplay 1st
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: China-2020-GDP/C

Post by YoMomma »

So not just 1999 region, but all grouped regions of 1999.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Noted for when we touch those files next.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

No touchy touchy yet? China still starting with 6k gdp which can drop as low as 4k gdp/c.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

True, hasn't been touched yet. But you're timing is good, we'll likely look at this in the next few weeks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Likely to look huh? Well when your likely to fix let me know. I add about 100 techs, 250 agriculture, 100 oil gas facilities 60 timber, 100 uranium energy production, 100 coal energy production facilities, 30 IG facilities, 3 air production and 4 naval production and still can barely keep 10k gdp/c.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Rosalis wrote: Sep 08 2019 Likely to look huh? Well when your likely to fix let me know. I add about 100 techs, 250 agriculture, 100 oil gas facilities 60 timber, 100 uranium energy production, 100 coal energy production facilities, 30 IG facilities, 3 air production and 4 naval production and still can barely keep 10k gdp/c.
Out of interest, did building these extra facilities increase your production capacity by much in their respective outputs?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

SGTscuba wrote: Sep 08 2019
Rosalis wrote: Sep 08 2019 Likely to look huh? Well when your likely to fix let me know. I add about 100 techs, 250 agriculture, 100 oil gas facilities 60 timber, 100 uranium energy production, 100 coal energy production facilities, 30 IG facilities, 3 air production and 4 naval production and still can barely keep 10k gdp/c.
Out of interest, did building these extra facilities increase your production capacity by much in their respective outputs?
To give you the complete story, i add the techs in the modding files, add the GDP/C to 15417 and then started the game with these outputs:

On januari 1 2020 the GDP/C was 15.218 instead of the 15417 i gave them in the modding files. On 18-10-2020 the GDP/C was 9932

1-1-2020 Agri
1.685k production
2.802 demand
18-10-2020
facilities from 189 to 361 (all new facilities +90% supply infact i also build about 30 airbases and supply depots together with +100% infrastructure rating)

1-1-2020 Timber
18-10-2020
facilities from 0 to 102

1-1-2020 Oil
18-10-2020
facilities from 39-64

1-1-2020 energy
18-10-2020
facilities: coal 364-378, nuclear 8-20

1-1-2020 IG
18-10-2020
71k (still building 60 oil gas fields)
facilities from 50-80

Unemployment 1-1-2020 10% - 18-10-2020 15.7%
What the long term outcome of this is, is interesting, but all of this is to emersion breaking.

So yea my facilities increased production on the short term like you expect to, except maybe timber, but i know where you going with this question. Rest of the world will be screwed cause they will have less market percentage. Which make it very hard to play smaller regions.
I play Russia frequently and i can just take over Europe, Middle East, and Africa easily, scrapping all agriculture and timber, even iron ore in region i capture and still produce more then i need. So some regions have over production. I guess solution is lowering agriculture and timber in Russia and adding that to regions which actually produce enough in RL, like China and India. But yeah not sure. I also tried fixing it with tourist center and bussiness center, but that didnt seem to be doing anything, so i removed those changes.

Also note that you wont find excact starting numbers in your vanilla game, im trying to fix China for years now and already add alot of facilities.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Well I'm just thinking, is the cap causing a global hold down on GDP, and by extension since most global production never can rise much, this then means the GDP only really moves about, instead of the worlds GDP rising over the years as capacity increases. It also leads to global shortages of certain things such as oil which then cripples the AI and makes it go bankrupt as I saw in my last game. Even though I had most of the worlds oil supply, and built facilities on over 90% of them, I was only producing 40mil barrels per day. By dropping my taxes this magically increased it to 59mil per day, but still left me short of oil. At the same time I was buying all the leftover supply which in turn crippled the rest of the world further. At the same time I couldn't get gdp over $1500 (ok, I had 3 billion pop), even at best point I maxed out at $2700 (it was a '36 sandbox played over 30 years).

This is one of the reasons I think the cap is bad and needs to go as these problems didn't really exist before it. The AI didn't build enough facilities however which left them hugely vulnerable to the player flooding the market and then the AI wouldn't build any new facilities and so the player could then cut off supply.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I dont know about any cap, well eventually you hit the max you can get i guess, which is logic. I got saves with US, Canada and Australia AI arround 200k gdp/c. Would be interesting to know how much a gardener or paperboy gets :lol:

I think if you make colonies till your left with 1B pop all of sudden your gdp/c will grow. Just my experience. I also noticed that hex is god here, if you dont obbey your hex your doomed haha. What i mean by this is release or colonise India or another big pop area, which was low gdp/c before, and all of sudden your gdp/c grow.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Any progress on this? What would be the best way to get China gdp/c to increase? Being clooser to self sufficiency or more towards military and intelligence? Or just everything?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We are testing some updates to the starting values. As long as things look good, it will be part of the next update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

:lol: When your getting dropping gpc/c with 6k Gdp/c as starting value it isnt gonna get fixed if you put 18k gdp/c.

It would be a start atleast. Then you can see how much agriculture China produce and meet their demand just like rl. But yeah you guys gonna have to guess alot, because there is not that much data on China. It will be a real challenge to keep them at 17/18k gdp/c. We talking 1.4 billion people here.
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Any progress yet?
In my latest save game, with tons of facilities and techs already added when starting the save, and fullfilling my demand during the save my GDP/C dropped from 16k to 10k. Then i started annexing western europe, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. Annexing the bigger GPD/C countries the highest i got was 11k GDP/C. However when i stop annexing it drop below 10k GDP/C. Even after annexing Malaysia im scared of scrapping synthetic rubber, because it will drop my GDP/C even further. Ill prolly make Malaysia a colony instead so i can trade the rubber to my allies.

The only way i can keep playing is moving domestic goods to 200% markup except agricultue and timber which is at 110%. World GDP/C dropped to 14k. Now im starting to make colonies so i can make some real money and help out my allies instead of the other way arround.

Way different experience then my US save in the newest patch. Also needed to scrap alot more newly build research facilities then my US save. Less then before the patch but still too many to count. In US save i only scrapped 2 handfull. Infact 3-4 research facilities that were being build after annexing Iran, India, China, Vietnam, Russia, Ukraine. Now with China i cancell that ammount being build after annexing each bigger region. Smaller ones atleast 1, except Luxembourgh.
I think this has also to do with wars taking longer now i dont have US bombers. Seem AI like to build research centers in war. The US save was Turmp Rising scenario, so that might also have an effect, altho i doubt that.
I only keep 17 research facilities at all times and have only 9-17 projects i can run 4 years into the game. No more research and new designs available.

If you didnt know.. Asia is on their way to becoming the most powerfull region in the world. I didnt pay for SRGW with entrenching being broken and i wont pay for Galactic unless it gets very positive feedback, but i would pay for an updated modern DLC of SR2020 quality. 30 dollars i dont care. There is a reason i have high demands. I saw those high demands in SR2020.

Return to “Issues and Support”