SR-36/SRU Gaining Access to Enemy Unit & Technologies when Eliminated

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

geminif4ucorsair
General

SR-36/SRU Gaining Access to Enemy Unit & Technologies when Eliminated

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

One of the enduring problems with the whole Supreme Ruler series is that once you have Eliminated an enemy,
you still are slaved to only those Unit designs within you own country's technology and development options.

Here's a good example:

Eliminated enemies from Game: China, Italy, France, and Soviet Union.

Problem: Japan now faces possible war with Great Britain (red-lined), United States (ally of Great Britain), and outside chance of war with Germany (Green Causus Belli, share most treaties with, but not a formal Ally - on purpose, as Germany is in a rather undramatic war with Great Britain and the Commonwealth countries.)

Japan is well along in research Advanced Prop Aircraft and Jet Engine aircraft, completed Naval Vessels tech to 1946.....

- what follows is that Japan has no naval ship designs for Naval Vessels 1946 or Naval Vessels 1951......and, very limited, under-rated designs for the few available aircraft under Advance Prop Aircraft and Jet Engine (two aircraft, if you count the R2Y recon design).

* Compared to new Aircraft designs coming from Germany, Great Britain, or United States, when either of the latter two technologies are developed - Japanese aircraft cannot compete with current ratings for F4U Corsair, P-38J/L Lightning, F8F Bearcat, late-model Spitfires (F.XVI, F.22) and Spiteful, or Me-109K, Me-262, and other designs;

.....and, the lack of ship designs, japan is in deep trouble with no way out.

* At an earlier period, Bathagor and I exchanged a large number of late-WW Two and post-war design options for Japan (and, other countries, including Germany) that would cover the post-WW Two years, into the 1960s. These included a missile-armed version of Yamato BB, several cruiser designs from 1944, ASW and guided-missile destroyers, etc. (and, comparable designs for Germany, France and other countries).

Those designs are now seriously needed for the SR-36/SRU/SRGW games.

* * Suggestion: Allow Eliminated designs, or at least 50% , available to captured nations, to become available by the victorious side.

In the above, one example, Soviet Union's late-war designs (Yak-9, early-generation jets, Sverdlov CL and later CG, Stalingrad class BC, various Kotlin DD/DDG and Kanin DDG classes, Quebec and Romeo sub designs - and, as Tech's continue to be completed, much more advanced designs would become available to Japan.

It should not be that hard to program that option.

Thanks for looking into. :-)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: SR-36/SRU Gaining Access to Enemy Unit & Technologies when Eliminated

Post by YoMomma »

Yea i agree nothing against it. When you eliminate a region ofcourse you make sure to adopt scientist and big companies usefull to you. Look at US when they defeat a region.
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I'm willing to add these units in my mod but do not have any info on post 1944 japanese naval build plans :-(

Gemini, can you provide me with some data?
Please teach AI everything!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Zuikaku wrote:I'm willing to add these units in my mod but do not have any info on post 1944 japanese naval build plans :-(

Gemini, can you provide me with some data?
Gemini actually mentioned having a large text document with warships designs a few months ago and I remember suggesting sending them to you. I think some of them where actually completed with stats and all.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Zuikaku wrote:I'm willing to add these units in my mod but do not have any info on post 1944 japanese naval build plans :-( Gemini, can you provide me with some data?
Sure, we can cooperate. I have to try and retrieve a ACCESS file with some 400 new and revised unit ratings, fully in compliance with BG requirements (much of SR-36 was built off this list in the beginning, but not some hundreds added over their Updates; this has to be retrieved mostly from a dead computer (if possible), or emails btw Bathagor & self.

The list includes actual IJN '44-45 heavy cruiser design (comparable with Baltimore CA) and carries design thru to the late-1960s, where acquisition of SAMs installed on IJN ships becomes possible in the game. About half the total designs on that spreadsheet are naval, the rest a mix of air and ground. Try to get recovered by weekend.

On earlier thread, I provided my off-line email....suggest you use it, instead of Forum. :-)

Return to “Issues and Support”