SANDBOX problems in 1940, 1941, 1942, 2017, 2020

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bob12333
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

SANDBOX problems in 1940, 1941, 1942, 2017, 2020

Post by bob12333 »

First off in 1940-1942 scenario spain has a hostile relations with germany and germany has a hostile relations with spain. This shouldn't happen because Spain and Germany as well as spains relationship with the other axis powers was very friendly, despite spain not being an official member of the axis powers. Also in 1942 scenario the leader of Iran should be Mohammad Reza Shah. This isn't the case. Additionally, in 2017 and 2020 NATO isn't active. WHy is this? Despite trump saying he is going to or may (forget exactly what he said) withdraw from NATO he didn't.
Buzzbrad
General

Re: SANDBOX problems in 1940, 1941, 1942, 2017, 2020

Post by Buzzbrad »

Spanish relations in the 1940,41 & 42 do have something weird going on. and definitely something I am going to look into further. In regards to Nato it is something we will not model in the game. Considering how wonky Nato relations have been recently, it would be tough to implement properly.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:Spanish relations in the 1940,41 & 42 do have something weird going on. and definitely something I am going to look into further. In regards to Nato it is something we will not model in the game. Considering how wonky Nato relations have been recently, it would be tough to implement properly.

Oh okay. Also by chance could you tell me the triggers for a german reunification event? I played as east berlin in 1949 sandbox and I played up to 1990 and there was no reunification of germany event. Also what about the leader of Iran? For in 1942 the leader you still have the leader of Iran as Reza Shah this was not the case. It is Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-hist ... n-and-ussr

Additionally, what about allowing more objectives for the Soviet union 1942 instead of only in the campaign (except you can't play soviet union in campaign during WWII u can only play as Great britain). The only objective that comes up for Soviet union in 1942 is an alliance with Britain called an Unlikely Friendship. For i would love the objectives that lead to the division of germany, warsaw pact, Nato, D-day (well some form of it) to the U.S. as well.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

The reunification of Germany is not done through events. I have updated the leader of Iran for 1942. It will come with the next update. Typically we do not add objectives to our sandboxes.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:The reunification of Germany is not done through events. I have updated the leader of Iran for 1942. It will come with the next update. Typically we do not add objectives to our sandboxes.
Than how is the reunification done than? (i meant objectives when i said events, i feel as though they are basically events/ missions- hahaha) For like I know I could declare war, however from past experiences when playing as west germany i know it will still say east germany, rather than just becoming a reunified germany, like with what happens when the North Korea or South Korea win the Korean war.
Buzzbrad
General

Post by Buzzbrad »

bob12333 wrote: Than how is the reunification done than? (i meant objectives when i said events, i feel as though they are basically events/ missions- hahaha) For like I know I could declare war, however from past experiences when playing as west germany i know it will still say east germany, rather than just becoming a reunified germany, like with what happens when the North Korea or South Korea win the Korean war.
We focused a lot on the earlier Cold War events, so some events like the reunification of Germany were never modeled.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Buzzbrad wrote:
bob12333 wrote: Than how is the reunification done than? (i meant objectives when i said events, i feel as though they are basically events/ missions- hahaha) For like I know I could declare war, however from past experiences when playing as west germany i know it will still say east germany, rather than just becoming a reunified germany, like with what happens when the North Korea or South Korea win the Korean war.
We focused a lot on the earlier Cold War events, so some events like the reunification of Germany were never modeled.
Oh okay, you should definitely include that in the next update, besides fixing Spanish -axis power relations and whatever else needs to be fixed. Also the collapse/ break up of the Soviet Union needs to be added as well, 6 day war, pakistan-india war, yom kippur war, etc. I don't think these requests are too big to ask for.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

bob12333 wrote:... I don't think these requests are too big to ask for.
Each of the "events" you're asking for there require probably 50+ lines of scripted events to make sure they start at a logical time based on condition checks, work properly at the time by condition checking various map elements and the various parts to make it wrap up properly. Then those events need to be tested, the related emails written and the new text they create sent for translation. All of this for events that, based on the volatile nature of how our maps change in a single game year, players will only see perhaps 1 in 10 times that they play all they way to those dates.

Even if we found the development resources to allocate to this, I can't see how it would increase sales sufficiently to cover the cost of the work done. As someone responsible for making sure the company doesn't undertake tasks that risk using up development resource in one place that are needed elsewhere to make sure the company has the funds to keep operating, I cannot in good conscience authorize the work to add these at this time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:
bob12333 wrote:... I don't think these requests are too big to ask for.
Each of the "events" you're asking for there require probably 50+ lines of scripted events to make sure they start at a logical time based on condition checks, work properly at the time by condition checking various map elements and the various parts to make it wrap up properly. Then those events need to be tested, the related emails written and the new text they create sent for translation. All of this for events that, based on the volatile nature of how our maps change in a single game year, players will only see perhaps 1 in 10 times that they play all they way to those dates.

Even if we found the development resources to allocate to this, I can't see how it would increase sales sufficiently to cover the cost of the work done. As someone responsible for making sure the company doesn't undertake tasks that risk using up development resource in one place that are needed elsewhere to make sure the company has the funds to keep operating, I cannot in good conscience authorize the work to add these at this time.
Oh i see. My bad, I have no idea what it takes to do that, and stuff. Though the other fixes like Spain in World War II (relations to Axis powers), IRAN LEADER 1942 sandbox, Countries have a hostile relation to ISIS and being at war with iSIS, Iraq and Syria don't have claims on the land occupied by ISIS even though they should. Shouldn't be too much to ask for ? Or should it be? Again I have no idea what it takes to fix these problems/ issues but the question also comes to mind is why weren't they already fixed to begin?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

bob12333 wrote:... why weren't they already fixed to begin?
Simple answer - bigger priorities and limited resources.

If we look at one and only one of these in the next few weeks, which are you hoping for first? Spain Relations? Is there a thread that talks about just that one issue for easy reference if we want to review it?

We have to change one thing at a time, so presenting issues in that way is helpful.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”