mac problem

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bob12333
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

mac problem

Post by bob12333 »

I can't get supreme ruler ultimate to be full screen my mac, so as a i consequence i can't prevent the AI from controlling spending and taxes I would normally do. Does anyone know how to fix the problem ?
number47
General

Re: mac problem

Post by number47 »

Have you tried this:
Buzzbrad wrote:
Gman wrote:Thank you for the revised update for mac It seems as though many of those issues have been resolved. A few remain, however.

I'm using a macOS Sierra 10.12.5 mid 2010

Unable to get rid of the window mode. The top menu bar isn't visually optimum. But, the bottom toolbar blocks the view of lower left and right toolboxes in the game which makes it tough to deal with.

Game doesn't close. After multiple tries to restart the game to experiment with different graphics settings, several times I was forced to force close the game as it would not end on its own.

Thank you for your attention , and again great game once we get these things resolved!
Are you setting your resolution to match your desktop resolution?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

number47 wrote:Have you tried this:
Buzzbrad wrote:
Gman wrote:Thank you for the revised update for mac It seems as though many of those issues have been resolved. A few remain, however.

I'm using a macOS Sierra 10.12.5 mid 2010

Unable to get rid of the window mode. The top menu bar isn't visually optimum. But, the bottom toolbar blocks the view of lower left and right toolboxes in the game which makes it tough to deal with.

Game doesn't close. After multiple tries to restart the game to experiment with different graphics settings, several times I was forced to force close the game as it would not end on its own.

Thank you for your attention , and again great game once we get these things resolved!
Are you setting your resolution to match your desktop resolution?
Still have the problem and i tried the game with different graphic settings and different screen resolution settings it didn't work. I've also tried matching it. It doesn't work/ didn't solve my issue.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

What resolution are you playing on?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

number47 wrote:What resolution are you playing on?
I have it selected at Current resolution, i've tried a few of the resolutions but none of them help. Also when I click out the game and try to load itunes to play music or browse the internet, and the game becomes unplayable. I would attach a picture but unfortunately I can't cause of another ridiculous problem where i can only upload an image size of 2mb i guess its bigger than that and i don't know how to shrink it. So you will just have to take my word for it. For what makes it unplayable is game screen gets smaller, and i can't do anything, i can't exit out the game, I have to force quit, I can't play it.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I think it would be helpful if you actually listed the resolution. "Current resolution" does not tell us, who cannot look at your screen, what the resolution is. ;)

I think we are all wondering if it is an unsupported res.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

He probably is that is the funny thing about it all. Apple is afraid that number might scare us so all we now get is this:

(edit: sorry about the large image I just grabbed it from Apple)

Yes seriously that is the resolution setup now. To actually set the resolution like on windows or linux you need 3rd party software.
To make it perfect it actually tell you what it looks like but technically is not. My screen is 2880x1800 but MacOS tells me largest resolution "looks like 1920x1200". The OS is just faking it with GUI size etc. and looking at say images it is fairly obvious that it is definitely running 2880x1800.

You can find what resolution your screen is in "about this Mac" found by clicking the apply icon in the top left corner. That will give you the overview screen telling you what version your Mac is. The second tab "displays" should mention resolution. If for some reason not you should at least be able to find what version you got or what the name of your monitor is which should also help in determining your screen resolution.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Nerei wrote:He probably is that is the funny thing about it all. Apple is afraid that number might scare us so all we now get is this:

(edit: sorry about the large image I just grabbed it from Apple)

Yes seriously that is the resolution setup now. To actually set the resolution like on windows or linux you need 3rd party software.
To make it perfect it actually tell you what it looks like but technically is not. My screen is 2880x1800 but MacOS tells me largest resolution "looks like 1920x1200". The OS is just faking it with GUI size etc. and looking at say images it is fairly obvious that it is definitely running 2880x1800.

You can find what resolution your screen is in "about this Mac" found by clicking the apply icon in the top left corner. That will give you the overview screen telling you what version your Mac is. The second tab "displays" should mention resolution. If for some reason not you should at least be able to find what version you got or what the name of your monitor is which should also help in determining your screen resolution.
I know that already. I've tried adjusting my mac screen resolution and the game resolution but to no affect, it is umplayable!.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The sole reason I put up that picture was to show how crappy Apples display "scale" works. And yes it is all scaled as Apple says. If you got a Retina display your screen probably always run at its native max resolution and just pretends it is something else.

To explain a bit more in detail Apple Retina displays use what in other places is called HiDPI (on Linux at least no idea about windows). Basically it uses larger icons etc to make a high resolution appear like something else. E.g. a 3840x2160 screen is going to have tiny icons unless the screen itself is huge. A 1080 HiDPI setup would use 2x sized icons to make it appear to be 1080. The result is a much sharper UI that are readable and you still have a decent workspace.
As mentioned my screen runs natively at 2880x1800 but set to fake say 1920x1200 it uses icons scaled up by 1.5 which technically is a bad HiDPI setting. The idea setup would be 1440x900 as that follows the power of 2 but lets ignore that.

Also if you already know all I posted please add a bit more information like what your native screen resolution is.
What it says the different resolutions looks like is also helpful as is the version of OS X/MacOS you run. All of this information is available under "about this Mac"
The 9.1.25 version (unlike 9.1.23) is from what I can tell fairly good at handling HiDPI on the latest version of MacOS Sierra but if there are failures at some resolutions or problems with older versions I am sure BG would like to know.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: MAC 9.1.23 problem

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

bob12333 wrote:I can't get supreme ruler ultimate to be full screen my mac, so as a i consequence i can't prevent the AI from controlling spending and taxes I would normally do. Does anyone know how to fix the problem ?
Having same problem. Similar issue with administration but also some issues with military function.

Steam's Wine keeps opening up after about half-dozen moves (shows both upper bar & lower Dock row), then disappears (and does not come up again on upper screen + Dock row).

Screen Resolution tried:
* 3840 x 2160
* 3200 x 1800......this is what usually play-in for SR-36, etc.
* 2880 x 1800

Weird.... |O
anash
Sergeant

Post by anash »

Once SRU loads up on my MacBook Pro, I am not able to leave the window and am thus unable to do anything else other than SRU while the game is running. I have tried disabling windowed mode but it has not done anything. If anyone could help that would be great.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

What version of SR:U and MacOS are you running?
Does it make any difference if you do not have steam running (you can find the .app in /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/ Steam can also show you where it is and you do not need it to run the game)
Also and are your desktop and game resolution the same?

You can Also try and reinstall if you have not tried it already (I do however not know if deleting the original install will delete your saves also).
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Nerei wrote:What version of SR:U and MacOS are you running?
Does it make any difference if you do not have steam running (you can find the .app in /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/ Steam can also show you where it is and you do not need it to run the game)
Also and are your desktop and game resolution the same?

You can Also try and reinstall if you have not tried it already (I do however not know if deleting the original install will delete your saves also).
my mac version is 10.10.5 OS X Yosemite, and supreme ruler ultimate is 9.1.25. I tried that and it didn't work. My desk top and game resolution should be the same (have wineskin screen options at virtual screen current resolution). ON an additional note, every time i click out of the game the ingame screen gets cut in half for some reason (so can't use cheat engine or just do other stuff while i let the game run and AI take over some aspects of my country) I would try to take a picture and show it to you but I tried and it wouldn't let me attach it cause it was more than 2MB. SO just take my word for it.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Try a service like postimage. I do not think they have any noteworthy limits on file size.
Most should allow you to upload a screenshot without any registration.

I guess it could be that the new version does not like older versions of OS X. I think my old 2007 macbook pro runs 10.10. I will try and see if I can get SR:U to run on it and see what happens.

Does anyone else with problems run a version older than Sierra? Sorry if I am asking a lot of questions but I am just trying to see if we can find anything in common as I can basically not get the game to break like described on 10.12.5
anash
Sergeant

Post by anash »

I am running 10.12.6 on my 13 inch 2012 macbook pro. I am running the latest update of SRU. My game will only be in full-screen mode and is unable to turn into the widowed mode. I can't shift around to different applications while I play SRU which is very annoying. In previous updates, I was able to have SRU open while doing other things but now this is not possible. It is quite frustrating. I have the game's resolution set to 1200 x 800.

Return to “Issues and Support”