AI Scraping Units

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Viper
Sergeant
Human: Yes

AI Scraping Units

Post by Viper »

i Started a game as the United Kingdom on the Trump Rising scenerio. I have swapped it over from a single player to multiplayer file a couple of times to forge alliances between certain nations. Anyway i had fog of war turned off so I could watch the worlds events play out when i suddenly noticed Germany constantly deploying then instantly reserving all their troops so i transferred it over to a multiplayer file again to and started the game as them to see what they were doing to find out that they had basically scrapped all their infantry and tank units? has anyone had this problem and or know or a way to fix it? this happend on April 20, 2017

Update: Alot more nations have started doing this and when you attack them you just stroll right through the country with no resistance its like they are deleting any military that deploys?

Update 2: I started a game without using any cheats and without creating any alliances and the problem continues to happen it also always seems to occur when to game reaches april 20th! |O
Last edited by Viper on Mar 21 2017, edited 4 times in total.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: AI Scraping Units

Post by YoMomma »

AI doesnt scrap units, problem right now is alliances. If big nations have allies everyone wants to buy those better units and results in very small armies of superpowers and alot of smaller regions with mediocore armies and 2 regions with thousands of crappy units. Exception may be Russia and China, because they are at war the whole time, so no good units to buy in reserve.

What needs to be in next patch atleast is superpowers understanding they need a minimum army (waged by manpower) and get rid of their crappy units instead of selling their best. Maybe looking for partners to produce better units for their allies (sell unit designs). But yea we all know this will come with new issues.

Also right now AI rarely buy/sells planes and naval units.

There is no support for cheats tho, so if you want to get this fixed, you might want to start a proper game. As soon they read cheat, they will just skip the post.

Might be something more going on with scrapping, but i found no evidence for this in my games in 9.0.75.
Gameplay 1st
Viper
Sergeant

Post by Viper »

Thanks for the reply. A lot of what you're saying makes sense as I've never forged alliances like this before. But what i am not understanding is who Germany would be selling their troops too. The only ally they have is France and they didn't have any of the German troops? Also whenever I attack Germany their garrisons in cities will appear to defend then also disappear right away. and you think leaving them without allies would fix this?

Edit: Also like you're ideas to fix this in here as this could very well be the problem. They could also add the option to turn off the buying and selling of units, either way hope to see it fixed soon!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I would have to take a look at your save game, maybe start a trump game myself.

What i noticed is Netherlands loving German units in modern campaigns. Check them in multiplayer they might also be buying all the crap units on the western sphere, just like W2020 and GC. If so Congo prolly doing the same for the eastern sphere.
Gameplay 1st
Viper
Sergeant

Post by Viper »

Would you like me to upload my save for you?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Yea sure, i will take a look. I'm all in for fixing present campaigns.
Gameplay 1st
Viper
Sergeant

Post by Viper »

http://www.filedropper.com/broken
Basically every country in the game is doing it on this one even ones with no allies!
Viper
Sergeant

Post by Viper »

guess no one else is having this issue but i cant even play this game anymore ai is completly broken. Sad been playing this game for ages used to be my favorite
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

You are not alone, this bug is universal. Thing is, units are NOT being scrapped. I think the problem is, units are being traded away. I noticed in ~2030 that there are many countries around the world with only 0-50 units in TOTAL, even though they were never at war and have at least a few fabrication facilities. Then I accidentally checked how many units Netherlands have. They had over 10,000 units. So I think the problem is that due to some bugged algorythms, many countries around the world donate/sell many of their units/often to one particular country (not sure if it's Netherlands all the time, probably not). I guess the algorythm is something like (check relations+check UN stance = if best of all countries, sell/donate units to them).
When I found that out, I logged in as Netherlands and deleted all of their units. Game lag was reduced noticeably.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Yea sry viper, i think i will see the same as in my scenarios. I lost some interest so i started playing other games.

Funny thing is lack of devs response to this issue, but yea atleast railroads are done for SRGW |O :lol: [_]O [_]B
Viper wrote:http://www.filedropper.com/broken
Basically every country in the game is doing it on this one even ones with no allies!
How do i download the file, sign up?
Kristijonas wrote:You are not alone, this bug is universal. Thing is, units are NOT being scrapped. I think the problem is, units are being traded away. I noticed in ~2030 that there are many countries around the world with only 0-50 units in TOTAL, even though they were never at war and have at least a few fabrication facilities. Then I accidentally checked how many units Netherlands have. They had over 10,000 units. So I think the problem is that due to some bugged algorythms, many countries around the world donate/sell many of their units/often to one particular country (not sure if it's Netherlands all the time, probably not). I guess the algorythm is something like (check relations+check UN stance = if best of all countries, sell/donate units to them).
When I found that out, I logged in as Netherlands and deleted all of their units. Game lag was reduced noticeably.
In my games it was Netherlands and Congo, also noticed other small african nations with better land units then they start of, which is fine.

I think this feature is pretty new? That the ai sells and buys units? Some feedback from devs would be nice then. Like it would be nice if this is MUCH improved. So every indepth feedback can help them improve it, but we need to know what the plans are.
Gameplay 1st
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Agreed, I think this issue needs adressing.
It's a little sad that on one hand in this game countries don't really have limits to how many units they can have (decide to have) so they just keep producing even if they are going bancrupt. It would be nice if every country built only enough military to fill in a certain % of budget for military spending (the % could depend on neighbor relations, alert level, etc) so that realistically, a country like Germany wouldn't end up having 10,000 tanks (tanks, not units) in ~20 years of building them, which is just ridiculous as no one does that in real life, every country has a certain % of their budget which is enough to sustain only a certain size of an army.

On the other hand we have a situation where countries trade units left and right it seems, so unit disparity among countries ends up really high and random and because it's by trading, small countries can have many times more units than much larger countries.

Return to “Issues and Support”