Units I give away stay in my country.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BrotherofCats
Corporal
Human: Yes

Units I give away stay in my country.

Post by BrotherofCats »

I have noticed a problem in Ultimate. In 2020 I could give units to an ally and they would show up in their country within a day or so. Now I give them away and they stay in my country with the flag of the nation I give them to. This really doesn't accomplish anything. Is there a way to make sure that these military units get to the ally.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Units I give away stay in my country.

Post by Balthagor »

Currently they will only leave if the AI for that region needs them somewhere or if a lack of transit treaty forces them to exit. Are you suggesting that in all cases AIs should bring the troops home? It's a question worthy of some thought IMO.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BrotherofCats
Corporal

Post by BrotherofCats »

OK, playing through figured it out for me. They only leave if you have a transit treaty. I was used to playing 2020, where I was always propping up other countries in surrogate wars. Doesn't work that way here. I sent about forty m60 tanks to Poland, who was fighting Russia, and the tanks formed the little merchant marine ships and sailed right into the Russian fleet. What a waste of armor. Then I caught the Russians flat footed by destroying about two hundred of their units they were trying to run through a gauntlet of my subs. I would never send invading units in by merchant marine, and that seems to be a poor tactic that the AI is allowed to pursue. There is a lot to like in Ultimate, and some things that make me want to pull out my hair when I see them implemented.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You are welcome to propose alternate systems, the forums is built on interesting discussions :)

But there are constraints in terms of what can be built in a simulated system. We'll keep doing our best to find a balance between the desired function and the limits of the code.

Thanks for the feedback.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I believe if you play with Merchant Marine OFF, they will always be transported.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

and to have some special unit ( for example civil cargo) that it can transport goods through allied countries but also neutral without needing to have free passage agreements also simulating the transport of goods that we treat as timber, oil, etc.
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “Issues and Support”