research que problem in Cold war sandbox

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

research que problem in Cold war sandbox

Post by Zuikaku »

There is a problem with US and USSR research que at the start of Cold war sandbox game.
At the start of the game research que is by default filled by 20-30 tech for research. The problem is that player can not change or delete any of them from the que.
This is not gamebreaking, but is rather annoying, since US player can not in any way influence research for 3-5 years and USSR player for 5-7 years.

So far I have noticed this issue only for US and USSR region.
Please teach AI everything!
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: research que problem in Cold war sandbox

Post by way2co0l »

Yeah, I've experienced this too, but I don't think it's as bad as it first seems. As the USSR, you start with a large list of research, but most of it is queued as you have to complete the prerequisite research before you can actually start it. The ones that can actively be researched from the beginning seem to be locked and you cannot replace them with alternative research choices until they're complete. But all of the ones that are red, waiting for prerequisite research to be finished before they can be researched themselves, those can be paused while you research your own personal choices and restarted when you like.

So really you're only forced to research the first 7 or so, and then you can adjust it however you like. It's still annoying, but it's nowhere near being locked for 5-7 years. I assume it's the same case for the Americans.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: research que problem in Cold war sandbox

Post by GIJoe597 »

https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Issues and Support”