HELP Graphic problem Installation

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Pete Roll
Corporal
Human: Yes

HELP Graphic problem Installation

Post by Pete Roll »

Hi, I just purchased the game on STEAM. I just installed it and everything was OK first time I launched it. Then I went to try different graphic options and game resolutions (window mode, screen resolution, etc) and since, not sure where exactly I clicked, the screen is all black. Even when I restart the game. So I decided to fully uninstall and I reinstalled the whole game but same. Black screen. I can just hear the music and see the mouse pointer. The game keeps the wrong setting instead of the default one which was working just well. I uninstalled and redownloawed/reinstalled twice.
Any idea how to restore the game resoution to default given that I cannot access the game and the options menu ?
Thank you
Pete
Nerei
General

Re: HELP Graphic problem Installation

Post by Nerei »

I managed to both replicate your issues and solve them in two ways. looks like my at least does not like me setting it to anything but the default screen resolution.

Basically either set your monitor resolution to whatever you set the game to or launch the game with the "-window" parameter.
For the second option this method should work no matter what OS you run: In Steam right click the SRU icon and chose properties then under the general tab go to "set launcher options..." and paste "-window" into it. This should force the game to go to 1024x768 (or something like that) in windowed mode.
Pete Roll
Corporal

Post by Pete Roll »

wow it works ! cool ! You're the man. :-) Thanks.
Now i need to do more tests be cause the screen is somehow flashing ... Will try several options and revert in case of problem. But at least I can launch the game now. Thanks again :-)
Pete Roll
Corporal

Post by Pete Roll »

OK so now I have another problem. See the pic. Again, when I installed for the first time, before I started changing the graphic options, everything was OK.

My default monitor is 1280*720 so i put the same in the game. Now it starts full screen but here is the result:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... AFA21D452/

:-(((
Pete Roll
Corporal

Post by Pete Roll »

OK I fixed it my putting everything in 1600*900 but I still have some flashes from time to time when zooming/unzooming ... :-((
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

The listed resolution for the game on the purchase page is 1280x800 or higher. Your monitors default setting is less that that, which means you were bound to have issues. Hopefully you manage to get it to work.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Pete Roll
Corporal

Post by Pete Roll »

No idea why nor what went on but everything's look OK now ! :-) Probably the res what too low as you suggested.
Thanks again for your help !

Return to “Issues and Support”