Overproducing items set to demand.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Overproducing items set to demand.

Post by way2co0l »

In my current game, I've set my industrial goods to produce at 100% of demand, yet it continues to produce heavily in excess of this. My current usage for industrial goods is 5,622 and yet it's producing 8,611. I understand there should be some variance with these numbers and I've observed small differences in the numbers before but nothing quite as large as what I've been noticing now. Considering my max production right now is a little over 11,000, 100% demand should be nearly half of my production and yet it's actively producing closer to 3/4's of my production. The 25% discrepancy seems a little large for me. It's a small issue, but for someone like me that likes to take manual control over resources, being able to produce at demand percentages is useful, but only as long as that works correctly.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Overproducing items set to demand.

Post by YoMomma »

Increase your stock...
Gameplay 1st
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

What do you mean? I don't want to be increasing my stockpile at this point in the game. It is unprofitable for me to be building them for export, and I'm trying to keep inflation low. By producing more than I absolutely need, my inflation is going up and my production costs for all resources go up because of it. If I tell my minister to only produce what I need and nothing more, I should be able to expect that to be what actually happens. I didn't tell him to build 150% of demand. I told him 100%, because that's all I wanted to be produced.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Because ai consider IG very important and does not know player can handle it for himself it's set that way.

Try having the stock bar to like over half by buying IG and then let us know if you still have this issue.
Gameplay 1st
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I respectfully have to argue with that answer. If I tell my minister to produce enough to keep up with demand, then that is exactly what should be happening. I don't want to have to deal with constant bulk purchases of IG to stay over some arbitrary threshold, as those bulk purchases will continue to drive the price up, only for it to fall again and becomes a form of micromanagement I don't want to take part in. Instead I want the prices on the world market to grow as they do naturally so I can judge for myself when the time is right to increase my production for export. Setting my bar to produce at 100% of demand for any resource should result in the expected production, every single time. It's really as simple as that. For it to do anything else is misleading, and I have to assume it's a bug as I don't remember it doing that in the past.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I take you take my answer as the truth, so i will go deeper on it.

This is probably one of the 'features' how BG fixed economy. Im sure they considered if they fix this for players or maybe will fix.

Basicly there is a hidden region that helps with domestic market and thats way stronger then before the fix. US 2.0 so to say.
Gameplay 1st
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

It may be that you are exporting a large quantity. If your minister is set to demand that will only cover Domestic use. After each export day you have less than demand, so game produces more to meet the entire need?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

GIJoe597 wrote:It may be that you are exporting a large quantity. If your minister is set to demand that will only cover Domestic use. After each export day you have less than demand, so game produces more to meet the entire need?
Hmmm, I'd say this could be a possibility as I generally set commodity deals to auto accept in order to avoid the tedium of it otherwise. I know the trade deals typically only happen when you are producing more than your own demand. There was one brief period where the WM prices made it productive for me to do so and it's possible that there were deals made during that period that had such a long duration so as to still be active.

Having said that, I just manually went through all the major players in the world and the only IG deals I could find had me importing them. Not a single one exporting. So I'm back to thinking it's something else.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

*throws up hands*

I never seem to get these oddities, or perhaps I just do not pay as close attention..
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Lol. I hear you. It was a good idea though. When I read it, I honestly thought that had to be it and I was stupid for not thinking about it. lol. But yeah, I couldn't find anyone buying any of my IG except on the world market which said I was only exporting 369 tons of it, so at least I don't feel stupid now? lol. I know I play the game differently than most everyone else, so I know a lot of these things might go unnoticed or not even come into effect with the way others play which may leave me finding the weird stuff. :P There might be another explanation for my overproduction, but I can't think of one right now. Maybe the devs did put some failsafe into certain commodities that have the ability to break the world economy to ensure there's adequate production in the world. Who knows.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

One possibility comes to mind. I don't think it's likely, but I don't know for certain. Colonies.

I'm playing as the USSR so I have several. Their total IG needs seems to be somewhere around 4200 or so and when you take into account their own limited production ability for them, comes pretty close to the extra production I'm seeing. Is my IG demand taking my colony's demand into account as well? It's possible, but I always figured they were supposed to play by the same rules and use the world market to meet their needs. They use auto trades to send you all of their surplus production, but I haven't heard of anything effecting the parent country's production. I don't think it's likely, but it's a possibility I think.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Would be pretty easy to check my answer lol, but whatever, then dont buy 1 bulk purchase of IG.
Gameplay 1st
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

YoMomma wrote:Would be pretty easy to check my answer lol, but whatever, then dont buy 1 bulk purchase of IG.
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I didn't have the finances to purchase half a stack and didn't feel like cheating the money in. I did buy enough up to have about 60 days surplus and it continues to overproduce. Granted, not by as much, but that might be because since then I've annexed the Ukraine into my territory. It is currently producing only 1k more than demand, which also happens to be approximately the amount of my remaining colonies unmet demand which makes me lean towards that being the way it's working.

Return to “Issues and Support”