Game freezes/crashes after minimizing to desktop.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jnbrell
Corporal
Human: Yes

Game freezes/crashes after minimizing to desktop.

Post by Jnbrell »

Out of the blue a few weeks ago an issue popped up with my SRU. If I am in game and visit the desktop of my computer to view a program, open another program, or even in I just go to the desktop in general and then try to open the game window again it will not show up again on the screen. The mouse will change to the SRU pointer, the taskbar will highlight the game as the window it is in, and I can hear the clicks and menu openings from within the game, but the actual game is not displayed on my screen. I've tried Windowed mode, reduced graphics settings, any and all methods of task changers like alt+tab and nothing is working. All that happens is a little rectangle with the name of the program pops up into the top left corner of the screen and from there nothing happens. I won't even be able to go back to the desktop again without force closing the game. Anyone know how to help? Any more info you need?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Game freezes/crashes after minimizing to desktop.

Post by Balthagor »

have you verified if your video drivers have changed or need updating?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jnbrell
Corporal

Post by Jnbrell »

Balthagor wrote:have you verified if your video drivers have changed or need updating?
I checked after you responded and even though my driver did update the problem is persisting. I don't know if it matters, but I can still hear the music playing when I minimize the game before I try to open the screen again.
Jnbrell
Corporal

Post by Jnbrell »

Balthagor wrote:have you verified if your video drivers have changed or need updating?
After checking, this same issue happens in SR 1936.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The driver update may have been the cause. If the new driver doesn't handle minmizing/alt-tabbing the same way it could break. Sometimes it's the driver that's the cause. We had to put in code to suppress certain optimizations if the user had an Nvidia driver many years ago because they broke something in one of their drivers.

Can you post your video card make/model? Perhaps someone else here can identify a driver version that works better.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jnbrell
Corporal

Post by Jnbrell »

Balthagor wrote:The driver update may have been the cause. If the new driver doesn't handle minmizing/alt-tabbing the same way it could break. Sometimes it's the driver that's the cause. We had to put in code to suppress certain optimizations if the user had an Nvidia driver many years ago because they broke something in one of their drivers.

Can you post your video card make/model? Perhaps someone else here can identify a driver version that works better.
My card is, unfortunately, and nvidia gforce gtx 860m.

Return to “Issues and Support”