Out of supply problems

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Out of supply problems

Post by Zuikaku »

so, eventually, every AI region is going to send hundred of units into out of supply hexes. and since AI seems uncapable of just not sending units into out of supply hexes is it just possible to:

- make units out of supply to move very, very slowly, so they can be "unstucked" over the time
- ground units are degraded and disbanded over some period of time due to desertion and loss of equipment
- even in 0% supply hexes, units are allowed to receive very small amounts of fuel (drawn from region's stock) but not ammo over the time
- more supply depots distributed over some strategic areas (like along trans-siberian railroad in order to prevent russian and other units to becume stuck)
- supply can never be less than 10% in any road and rail hex (as long as it is connected to supply source)
Please teach AI everything!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Out of supply problems

Post by YoMomma »

Ofcourse you will get people say use transport planes, but we are talking about AI right now. It doesnt do this fast enough, and once a transport plane needs to be resuplied it usually hangs out in the no supplied area for a long time.

What i noticed it does this alot to areas where there is like cpl of ore mines in north Siberia (out of supply). First it sends 4-5 units, they get out of supply, ai send 4-5 more, etc. Soon the whole army is out of supply because of 4 ore mine, or 1 military complex with an airfield in the middle of nowhere.

I countered this very good i must say in my mod Superpowers 2020. First of all i was thinking as what would rl leader do in this scenario, where supply is this important.
1. Get rid of industry/military complex with less then 50% supply. Or improve supply levels by building/modding in infrastructure.
2. You guys might have noticed this. Airbase give way better supply in a city then a complex. So what i did with all those airfield military complex combinations, got rid of them. Build airbase+supply depot in a city with road crossings and voila, most of Russia got a bit of supply now even north siberia.

You might say this is removing some realistic part, but well what would rl leader do. Build Airbase in a military complex or in a city if you dont even to plan air production sites and you get way better supply. This is my main complaint in switch from airfield to airbase. Now small/some regions get a bonus because they got their airbase in a city.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Issues and Support”