Captain
Human: Yes

Lot's of game breaking issues regarding the new version not adressed

Post by JollyGoodBork »

All of these and many other issues have been posted as a response to this post:
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 78&t=25379

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Check them out!
JollyGoodBork wrote:
Leafgreen wrote:Minimap slides to right instead of down (more screen area)

At the smallest screen size setting, the minimap open button is now hidden behind another pane and can not be used. To open the minimap you must reload a game.
Can report having the same issue. Very frustrating

I can also report that the new "World in flames" scenario is completely broken. Soviet troops inside german lands makes it completely unplayable.
JollyGoodBork wrote:I'd like to add also that creating hotspots has become quite hard. This is because when you do this the game opens two windows, and then the left one covers the right one. See screenshot below
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Re: Lot's of game breaking issues regarding the new version not adressed

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Hello? Devs? Why the **** aren't you fixing these issues?
I would've expected at least a response.
Well. I can't say I'm going to recommend this game on steam or give it any good rating elsewhere unless you at least try to help(!!!).
Last edited by JollyGoodBork on Jan 06 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I know I haven't been here in a while, but I'm confident that the forum rules haven't changed. Be polite. No need to shout our use profanity. This is you're only warning. I'm still a moderator here despite my work at another studio and will help enforce rules here when needed.

The dev team is currently quite small, it can be difficult to find the time to respond to all the threads. I know that all issues do get looked at even if there isn't a response. No response usually means the issue is still being reviewed.

For the minimap slide away, I did get to visit the team over the holidays and it was the first thing I asked about, I was told they'll be looking into it.

I'll check that the World in Flames and Hotspots issues have also been noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Balthagor wrote:I know I haven't been here in a while, but I'm confident that the forum rules haven't changed. Be polite. No need to shout our use profanity. This is you're only warning. I'm still a moderator here despite my work at another studio and will help enforce rules here when needed.

The dev team is currently quite small, it can be difficult to find the time to respond to all the threads. I know that all issues do get looked at even if there isn't a response. No response usually means the issue is still being reviewed.

For the minimap slide away, I did get to visit the team over the holidays and it was the first thing I asked about, I was told they'll be looking into it.

I'll check that the World in Flames and Hotspots issues have also been noted.
Firstly thanks for responding.

Secondly, a small apology. Writing in CAPS lock and with big symbols was immature, to say the least. Do note however that those asterisks were not due to the website censoring any profane speech, I wrote those in manually. The four asterisks actually stand for "joke".

Jokes aside, the warning has been noted.
Due to the fact that a new update was released one month after this thread was posted, without any response having been posted I came to the conclusion that those still working on the dev team missed or ignored this thread and therefore these issues would never be resolved. My rant was an attempt to gain attention. A childish and rude way to do so.

I'd like to forward my apologies for the ignorant assumption that the developers were not doing their best to improve the game, and I'd also like to thank you one more time for responding. It makes a big difference, it feels a lot better to help the developers improve the experience for everyone, than the feeling that noone is listening.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No worries.

The change in the UI function of the minimap is one I see as a high priority. It's been an ongoing challenge to support as many screen resolutions as possible, including making those below our minimum specs work, when we can.

I've got a bit of time today so I might look at the World in Flames scenario, see if I can give the dev team notes on which file(s) are damaged.

Cheers,
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

...um, where is world in flames? Which folder is that in? Not seeing it in the various scenarios.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I think he means the 1942 start : World in Flames from sandbox menu.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Yes,GIJoe is correct, I meant the sandbox start.

I've also discovered a workaround to the hotspot UI problem that I encountered before. Simply put, after I have selected "create hotspots" in the left window and the second window pops up, I close the first window. There is also if I remember it correctly a way to create hotspots directly by right clicking on the map, but I'm not sure whether that would show a different UI.

This might be hard to understand, I'll post a video on this thread and show you what i meant later.
Perhaps then GlJoe could also explain the workaround on his channel, since I believe it is a place where many players go to learn more about the game.
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Here is said video: https://youtu.be/TV-pCyTVxi8
It shows the broken map, the hotspot UI issue and workaround, and the map UI issue as well.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Since I do not have the issue, the visual affect would be lost if I tried to recreate that. It is perfect in this video. Also, it is difficult for me to believe no one ever thought to minimize the window before. Seems like that is the first thing I would have tried.. but.. we are dealing with Steam citizens now..
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Map is broken, but for the other issues you seem to have smaller resolution then supported.
Gameplay 1st
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

YoMomma wrote:Map is broken, but for the other issues you seem to have smaller resolution then supported.
Indeed, my resolution is too low, it's 1360*768 and the game supports 1440*900 and all higher resolutions. However, I'd like to note that:
    • 1. Before an update a few months ago I did not have this issue.
      2. Balthagor said the following yesterday:
      Balthagor wrote: The change in the UI function of the minimap is one I see as a high priority. It's been an ongoing challenge to support as many screen resolutions as possible, including making those below our minimum specs work, when we can.,
      4. I believe 1360*768 it is one of the most common screen resolutions.
      5. I think 1360*768 is the best resolution my computer can achieve.
      6. I'm not the only user who has asked for support for this particular resolution.
      Leafgreen wrote: The minimap open button is now hidden behind another pane and can not be used. To open the minimap you must reload a game.
So perhaps I'm not wrong to bring these issues up even though my resolution is slightly smaller than supported.
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Just found a new bug.
If you go to "Scenarios" and choose the supreme ruler 2020 scenario "Kashmir Objective" you're supposed to play as India, but instead you get Nepal.
:lol:
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Going by steam hardware survey 1366x768 is indeed one of the most common resolutions out there at around 25% only outdone by 1920x1080 at 38%. It is mostly found in netbooks and the like and despite being low is by no means going to go away anytime soon. When I bought a computer for my mother less than a year ago it had this resolution.

Also keep in mind that the lowest resolution the game should work on is not 1440x900 but 1280x800. On the steam store-page that is the minimum resolution the other is the recommended. Everything should be functional on the minimum resolution so that is the one to consider. Yes it is still above 1366x768 in some ways but not by much and again supporting a resolution that according to the platform the game is sold on accounts for just about 25% of the market is not a bad idea.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

True but to call it gamebreaking.. i have unsuported resolution myself but i dont care. I need the ui open all the time so..
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Issues and Support”