Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

merlinx_at
Captain
Human: Yes

Bug - strange pathfinding of Units

Post by merlinx_at »

Hallo,

Units with "Amphibious" always takes the red line, other the much faster green line --> see attachment.
Problem occurs on many places with different settings - my defaults: Speed fast, Route quickest
... its hard to loose a heavy damaged Unit or a City... because the kids are playing in the Mud ;)

greets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Bug - strange pathfinding of Units

Post by Leafgreen »

Wait until you tell units to scrap/reserve and instead of using Barracks 20 tiles away, they drive 10 tiles - get in ship - go 120 tiles in ship - ships stop at shore and do nothing - and when you tell ship to unload at pier/port, it does. And then land units instantly get back on a new ship. lol

Luckily there is a setting you can change for units to have them use fastest route, direct route, etc. I believe you select the unit(s) and then in the far right tab somewhere. Might be the button that lets you turn off Minister Control, Will Accept Autodeployed Missiles and 10 other settings for units.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
merlinx_at
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Bug - strange pathfinding of Units

Post by merlinx_at »

Leafgreen wrote:Wait until you tell units to scrap/reserve and instead of using Barracks 20 tiles away, they drive 10 tiles - get in ship - go 120 tiles in ship - ships stop at shore and do nothing - and when you tell ship to unload at pier/port, it does. And then land units instantly get back on a new ship. lol
yeah... have seen this often from the AI
Leafgreen wrote:Luckily there is a setting you can change for units to have them use fastest route, direct route, etc. I believe you select the unit(s) and then in the far right tab somewhere. Might be the button that lets you turn off Minister Control, Will Accept Autodeployed Missiles and 10 other settings for units.
you mean the ROE (Rules of Engagement) ... you have under Route
- quickest = should be fastest possible from A to B (my used setting)
- direct = should be straight in line A to B (eg for planes or ships)
- normal = ?
- cautions = ?
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Issues and Support”