Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

merlinx_at
Captain
Human: Yes

Bug - AI will not Help in Wartime and runs out of supply

Post by merlinx_at »

Hello,

in my actual Game i'm allied with Belgium, Denmark & Madrid... i was at war with someone (Moskava?)... BL & MA sent at least 3 or 5 units (but had 100+) and drives around my cities to protect them - nice but there was no danger or action.

some time before (just allied with BL), i'am fighting against a huge and much more powerful Ukraine, he sends me 2 Infrantry Units + towed Arty and was helping... until the 2 Inv. units run out of Supply.
The Arty never reached the Battleline in time - because he shipped all units from BL to my Port (Constanta) in Romania and walked the way up back to Lower-Austria (Fortress Retz) where the party was going...

i have fear over the upcoming war with Japan... :/

greets :)
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
Rosalis
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Bug - AI will not Help in Wartime and runs out of supply

Post by Rosalis »

Ok i actually looked for a topic like this one to give some feedback from patch 9.1.250.

I played 2 save games conquering pretty much entire world. Both games mine and enemy allies are very carefull not to send their troops to far away, like only 1 country further and only if its not too far. You asked about feedback on the MM fix (cant find the topic anymore), but actually North Korea never sended a troop south of China till i actually annexed Japan. North Korea (my ally) annexed South korea, then declared war on the usual suspects, Indonesia, Philipinnes, Japan, Taiwan, Myanmar, Thailand, etc. etc. After 6 years i annexed Japan with North Korea, and now there are North Korea troops in Southern China, but still thats about it. So yeah if you want feedback, maybe turn up the range so USA, Canada, Australia, actually suport their allies or start conflict, that would be a new one.

Then i got some feedback about supply. Now i actually use initiative on old infantry now units dont go back home if im invading on the other side of the world, or go straight for a destination that no one understands, like Sibera or the desert, so yeah that's pretty usefull. Is it 1 or the other? Increase range and units do stupid stuff or lower range and be actually descent using some stacks to fight?

edit: nvm i remember now im pretty sure i set ai to defensive. All this dang options. Maybe its because of that. If i can change ai mentality during the save that would be helpfull, like if you set back to default it uses the cvp values for that region again. Im fine with restarting the save if that's needed for the option to take effect.

Return to “Issues and Support”