How do I launch non-nuclear missile from silo

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

samuel_1991
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

How do I launch non-nuclear missile from silo

Post by samuel_1991 »

For example, when I am playing as India or North Korea. There are some early Agni and Nodong missiles are silo launched in the game.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: How do I launch non-nuclear missile from silo

Post by GIJoe597 »

I have to admit, I am stumped. After reading your post, I started a test game as USA and purchased the Agni-III IRBM from India. Range of 4000km. I built 6 Silo's in southern Texas. After a large quantity of missiles were produced I could not get them to show up on the strategic launch window, only Nukes are showing there. I will keep tinkering.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I appears non nuclear missiles will not show up in the Strategic pool. There is no way to launch Silo based non nuclear missiles.

Digging into the forums and Steam, it seems silos have been an issue since 2011. Most of the issues were with nukes, no information on the non nuke Silo missiles.

Mr Geczy - any comment>? Are we simply overlooking the obvious, or are conventional Silo based missiles non usable in game?

George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

We'll investigate this, however as noted in other places, Silos are not designed to be micro managed, so I don't think we will be adding the ability to target launches from individual silos.

A possible solution is to add the ability to put non-nuclear weapons into the Strategic Pool. I think at one point this was allowed, I need to check into why that was changed. Possibly to make the gameplay work a bit better.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

George Geczy wrote:We'll investigate this, however as noted in other places, Silos are not designed to be micro managed, so I don't think we will be adding the ability to target launches from individual silos.
That is fine, the issue appears to be, there are non nuclear missiles in the game which are Silo launched. Outside of the Strategic Launch "window/panel" there is no way to launch them. The missiles do not show up in the Strategic Pool, as you type above. Is there some other mechanic we have yet to discover to launch Silo missiles? I struggle with them being in game, and being unusable.

George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Having looked into this a bit more, I think the intention was not to include non-nuclear silo launched missiles in the game as buildable units. They really are not a very economical weapon, and are only a "stepping stone" to building nuclear silo launched missiles. Otherwise the things you want to do could be done with a mobile land-launched (or sub launched) missile.

Looking at the equipment list, there are not many non-nuclear silo missles, and they seem to be in the minor nations that were building up their missile programs (North Korea, India, etc).

My first inclination is to remove the non-nuclear silo missiles from the game.

The concept of allowing non-nuclear weapons in the strategic pool is still a separate idea, as I can see that there would be valid reasons for doing so (launching a strategic, but non-nuclear, attack on facilities).

-- George.
samuel_1991
Lieutenant

Post by samuel_1991 »

George Geczy wrote:Having looked into this a bit more, I think the intention was not to include non-nuclear silo launched missiles in the game as buildable units. They really are not a very economical weapon, and are only a "stepping stone" to building nuclear silo launched missiles. Otherwise the things you want to do could be done with a mobile land-launched (or sub launched) missile.

Looking at the equipment list, there are not many non-nuclear silo missles, and they seem to be in the minor nations that were building up their missile programs (North Korea, India, etc).

My first inclination is to remove the non-nuclear silo missiles from the game.

The concept of allowing non-nuclear weapons in the strategic pool is still a separate idea, as I can see that there would be valid reasons for doing so (launching a strategic, but non-nuclear, attack on facilities).

-- George.
Non nuclear silo based missile is still found as default equipped and able to produce for North Korea even in the 2017 Trump Rising scenario.

I would really wished to get these fixed before I wrote an AAR about Kim Jong Un.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

samuel_1991 wrote:Non nuclear silo based missile is still found as default equipped and able to produce for North Korea even in the 2017 Trump Rising scenario.
This is very high on our priority list right now, specifically to remove all non-nuclear Silo-based missiles from the game, but due to some workflow issues we weren't able to do it yet. But we haven't forgotten.

-- George.

Return to “Issues and Support”