AI glitch and Saddam problem

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

JollyGoodBork
Captain
Human: Yes

AI glitch and Saddam problem

Post by JollyGoodBork »

I've got two smaller things I'd like to bring up and perhaps recieve some support on.
Firstly I've got an amuzing bug which you can watch here: https://youtu.be/Sg3N5ceIPH4
I do have a save from the moment before this happened.
For some reason the soviet AI is crazy over two hexes, there is always at least one unit going back and forth between them. This might be patrolling, but it seems odd I think.

Now the other thing:
The saddam cheat has a backside to it. This is that colonies can declare war or be declared upon when you use the cheat.

This might not sound bad. But the problem is, French and British colonies are practically 50 percent of all regions. So if you use the saddam cheat in earlier time starts then you'll basically just get wars with Britain or France...
Just an annoying thing.
George Geczy
General

Re: AI glitch and Saddam problem

Post by George Geczy »

Thanks for the reports.

AI "dancing" is not common but it does happen, a combination of factors causes it to get into a type of repetitive action. A sort of AI "uncertainty". It hasn't been high on the priority list to fix, since one the cause of the confusion changes (borders change or something gets destroyed) it will resolve itself. It is however still on our list.

Regarding the saddam cheats, I've changed them in the next update to only be region-on-region declarations (not colonies), since that makes more sense.

-- George.
JollyGoodBork
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: AI glitch and Saddam problem

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Thank you Mr. Geczy! It's a small change but it will bring a lot more sense to the Saddam cheat, which will now be much more useful.

As for the AI dancing, I guess the best solution is to create a smaller army group with the purpose of adding some change and action to that part pf the front.

Give the enemy AI an helping hand, since it needs something to react to.

Return to “Issues and Support”