Translation - localization files

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

niccolo
Corporal
Human: Yes

Translation - localization files

Post by niccolo »

I want to translate this game in my language (Italian). Can you tell me the files to edit. Thank you
George Geczy
General

Re: Translation - localization files

Post by George Geczy »

All language files are stored in a directory under the "Localize" folder in the game root.

There are a lot of files with a lot of text, some parts are easier (and quicker) to translate than others.

To create a new Language we don't yet support (such as Italian), you would need to edit the registry to select a new directory (such as LOCALIT), and then create the directory and copy the files over (and then translate).
JimChr
Private

Post by JimChr »

George Geczy wrote: Jun 29 2016 All language files are stored in a directory under the "Localize" folder in the game root.

There are a lot of files with a lot of text, some parts are easier (and quicker) to translate than others.

To create a new Language we don't yet support (such as Italian), you would need to edit the registry to select a new directory (such as LOCALIT), and then create the directory and copy the files over (and then translate).
Hi,
I am the owner of gr-gamestranslations.eu and I have some people who want to translate your game in Greek and have problems with font files in Localization folder.
Now we are trying to replace your font files with others that support Greek characters,but we do not know how to make the file with the name "fontinfo.font" which has the letters' coordinates.
Could you help us?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If I do some digging I might be able to find the files for this, but this month we are getting ready to move the studio into a new office in early May. I suggest bump this again in about a month.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

JimChr wrote: Apr 14 2019
George Geczy wrote: Jun 29 2016 All language files are stored in a directory under the "Localize" folder in the game root.

Hi,
I am the owner of gr-gamestranslations.eu and I have some people who want to translate your game in Greek and have problems with font files in Localization folder.
Now we are trying to replace your font files with others that support Greek characters,but we do not know how to make the file with the name "fontinfo.font" which has the letters' coordinates.
Could you help us?
the fontinfo.font file is the same file (=same content) for all 4 supported languages - maybe just copy it and use it if the placement of the greek characters is similar to the default ones.
But if you place your new characters somewhere else you can edit that:
here a screenshot: the text is from the first (fontimage,FONT1) area:
the small white rectangle (inside the a big green rectangle) in the font is the same starting offset as written in the fontinfo file (100,80)
the last entries of line seem to be ASCII.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Issues and Support”