1936 - World's Chronical Shortage of Military Goods

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

HellBoyz77
Lieutenant

1936 - World's Chronical Shortage of Military Goods

Post by HellBoyz77 »

I'm playing my third game, this time with Albania, with the latest patch .42, all level medium, military hard.

In each game that i've played i've noticed that there's a world shortage of military goods that have the effect to nearly stops the combat across the Europe. Units fight only few hrs a day then stuck waiting for military goods that arrive in very few quantity the day later.

Now i think that Mil Goods consumption is just insane. For example, i've sent 5 artillery and 2 supply truck in France to help Italians and Germans. My Mil Goods consuption is 4600 units for a day! And i produce just 12 with 4 Mild Mil Goods factories.

Maybe i'm missing something, but also AI is having problem in managing the situation, i think that's not realistic since WW2 production capacity should cover the Mil Goods consuption.

Save game available if needed.

Thanks.
Aragos
General

Re: 1936 - World's Chronical Shortage of Military Goods

Post by Aragos »

Been noted many times on different threads. Basically, there is not enough MG produced once fighting gets heavy, given the AI's penchant for zerg rush attacks. Most countries will burn up all their MG the first month or two of heavy fighting, and not have enough MG to repair units. This is one of the reasons the USSR normally has a tiny army.
Jack16
Captain
Human: Yes

Post by Jack16 »

What should have been possible would have been that all military goods facilities (and maybe industrial) could work 500% more effective during wartime. With such an option the world would most likely never be empty of the resource and wars would continue for much longer time.

It is also logical that military production becomes more effective or priorized during a war.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I dont think wars will take longer with more production of MG. Just speeds up annexing the region who got the fewest land fabs.
Gameplay 1st
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

I now for a fact that wars get longer. I changed the ingame files so that now the world have unlimited military and industrial goods. Wars last for realistic time and there is epic things that the AI do. They build military bases from scratch much more often and so on and so on. I have only managed to do this to Global Crisis mode and the normal 2020 mode.

If anyone wants to learn how to change the game files I can guide you through it.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Ah ok, yea if you pump ALL production they wont have economy problems.. Thats the thing. If you just increase MG not much happen, besides continues fighting, so the stronger region wins faster.

But if you "fix/cheat" the ai economy by increasing all, you will see the true power of AI.
Gameplay 1st
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

Agreed. After changing the game files the game got a lot harder, as the AI had practically no limits to what it could.

Return to “Issues and Support”