Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

pcoud
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Load time

Post by pcoud »

Not a very big deal, but:

1) My save games take forever to load. More than 5 mns (that's not an impression, I measured it). Is that normal, anyone else experiencing this? (I'm currently playing a shattered world sandbox if that may help).

2) In option / controls, you have various options: show popup when selecting single/stack or banding units. These popups won't show, even if the box is checked, unless you have the "show popup when selecting stacks" selected. If you check show popup for single units and banding units, but not for stack, popups won't show in game, regardless the way of selecting them.
Aragos
General

Re: Load time

Post by Aragos »

Shattered world sandbox takes a while on mine as well (but not 5 mins). Maybe less than 2, but slower than playing the 36 sandbox.
pcoud
Lieutenant

Post by pcoud »

I played a couple of Cold War sandbox games too, and did not notice such looooong load times. Maybe something related to shattered world?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We have some examples of this and have been looking into it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ricent1
Captain

Post by Ricent1 »

Has anyone found that not just load time, but actual time progression of th clock as well is much slower than '36. Very choppy too? Is that my processor due to troop movements around the globe that I can't see? Maybe I should try starting with no units and see if things change. That might answer my question.
SentosKarum
Warrant Officer

Post by SentosKarum »

It's a general problem of these sandbox games - All of Paradox offerings share these also - that as the game progresses more units are generated, in turn needing supplies, orders and counter-orders (i.e. other AI nations reacting to them in turn), being affected by weather and spotting mechanics.

It really doesn't help if an AI decides to spam cheap leg infantry - as far as I can tell the impact on your systems performance is about the same per any given unit in SR but because the AI can build so much more of them quickly...

In those cases it would be nice if there was an overwatch system ordering emergency scrappings if the impact became too great.

I remember going through Hearts of Iron saves and pruning units per hand - noticable impact on performance but only temporary fix (the built up production facilities and sudden 'threat' of having no units just prompt more cheapo unit spam).

Return to “Issues and Support”