Crimea and alert level

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hoddized
Colonel

Crimea and alert level

Post by hoddized »

Hi,

After annexing Crimea as Russia my minister always sets the alert level to "Elevated" and won't lower it, even if I tell him to... which costs me billions of rubles a day! Does not matter if I'm at peace when annexing or at war, same thing always happens after latest patch. *.26
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Crimea and alert level

Post by Balthagor »

Are you saying it was different before the update? Sounds like the pre-existing mechanic...

How long did you wait to see if he lowered it?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

2-3 years, I hadn't checked this before the latest patch, is this WAD? shouldn't the minister lower the alert level when at peace and I order him to do it?
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

Annexing Hong Kong as China raises the alert level for a few hours, not what seems to be permanent as in the Russian/Crimea case.
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

I'm 99% positive this is not how it is supposed to work.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, I'll do some testing of it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I've looked into this a bit, the alert level goes up because annexing forcible makes the dead annexed region an enemy, albeit a dead one.

I've passed it along to George for more detailed examination.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

I noticed the war alert sound when annexing Crimea and I tried to make peace with the dead region to no avail, but it didn't happen (the war warning) when I annexed Hong Kong as China.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure about the sound, but if you annex Hong Kong as China, they are a "dead enemy" from that point on. They are working the same.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Not sure about the sound, but if you annex Hong Kong as China, they are a "dead enemy" from that point on. They are working the same.
Sound like the state of war vs a dead enemy prevents the Minister from turning down defcon. So you end up with a never ending war state driving your readiness costs up.

Which in turn is likely to cause Any AI nation to stay on war footing even after a war is over. Meaning they continue building troops, spending huge chunks of cash on readiness and various other things the AI should only do while at war and is willing to go broke doing. Leading to AI bankruptcy. Which is a good reason that the AI would go broke in the WW2 scenarios but do better in the modern scenarios.. less war.

Let me ask this.. does the AI consider repairing facilities a lower priority during war?
Does the AI consider building Facilities a lower priority during war?
Does the AI behave differently regarding its economics when its at war?
Does the AI prioritize different research when at war?
ETC ETC ETC.

If the AI behavior is changed by being in a state of war as much as I think.. then this could be a far reaching issue.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

This happens with all wars when playing Russia, at war with dead Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Belarus, preparedness expenses through the roof even when at peace. Haven't checked other countries.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Fistalis wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Not sure about the sound, but if you annex Hong Kong as China, they are a "dead enemy" from that point on. They are working the same.
Sound like the state of war vs a dead enemy prevents the Minister from turning down defcon. So you end up with a never ending war state driving your readiness costs up.

Which in turn is likely to cause Any AI nation to stay on war footing even after a war is over. Meaning they continue building troops, spending huge chunks of cash on readiness and various other things the AI should only do while at war and is willing to go broke doing. Leading to AI bankruptcy. Which is a good reason that the AI would go broke in the WW2 scenarios but do better in the modern scenarios.. less war.

Let me ask this.. does the AI consider repairing facilities a lower priority during war?
Does the AI consider building Facilities a lower priority during war?
Does the AI behave differently regarding its economics when its at war?
Does the AI prioritize different research when at war?
ETC ETC ETC.

If the AI behavior is changed by being in a state of war as much as I think.. then this could be a far reaching issue.
BUMP until i know balt and/or george has seen this.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I've added your questions to ticket 21015.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”