SR 2020 GC 9.0.14 Still Sticky

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rawlings01
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

SR 2020 GC 9.0.14 Still Sticky

Post by Rawlings01 »

Hi i started a new game in GC 2020 and the zoom in and out speed is still very Sticky and when you click on icons Units and Departments it is also slow to responed and this is after 9 game days jan 9th 2020 if i start game with Units are there any plans to fix this as it dose not happen on 1936 game?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: SR 2020 GC 9.0.14 Still Sticky

Post by Balthagor »

Sorry, I don't know what you mean be sticky. You said "still", does that mean there is already a thread about this issue?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rawlings01
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawlings01 »

Basicaly when i scrole in and out with mouse wheel its seems slow stuttery and when i click an icon like for building a unit i fined it very laggy this is in gc2020 i found it slow before the update and still fined it slow after. i would discribe it as laggy or sticky because when you click with mouse or scrole it seems slow to responed to the command iv imputed. This only happends in 2020 as i can tell because i don't seem to have the same problem with the 1936 game.

Not sure if this has been rased before i may have mentioned it in development before the last update.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Are others experiencing this issue?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Yes. It is laggy as hell. Escpecialy when you turn full game speed. SR 1936 was laggy, but not that much.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

K, we'll look into it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Yes. The game is very laggy. I have to use my girlfriend's more powerful old computer just to play it and it still lags a little bit (not as bad though as on my computer). I downloaded EU 4 from Paradox and that game ran with no issues on her computer, so it can't be the quality of the computer since that game seems more graphics intensive. Anyway, it seems like a processing issue, like the clock will hang at a certain time and then advance forward at the same time every day.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Have you tried turning off Graphic options for 3D Terrain and/or Graphics resolution to Low to increase frame rate?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Balthagor wrote:Have you tried turning off Graphic options for 3D Terrain and/or Graphics resolution to Low to increase frame rate?
Yes. I have done this on both computers.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Balthagor wrote:Have you tried turning off Graphic options for 3D Terrain and/or Graphics resolution to Low to increase frame rate?
I don't think the 3D terrain has much effect on the framerate. I get flat 60 fps when zoomed in far enough for there to be 3D terrain on very modest laptop hardware. The framerate only drops when you zoom out really far.

I think what people here are complaining about is that in the 2020 scenario the processor usage is very high compared with previous scenarios and there are frequent spikes which momentarily freeze the graphics. Since I usually play on normal speed during battles this is not a problem unless you want to actively do stuff with the game running on fastest speed. Personally I pause the game to do stuff then set it to fastest to elapse time until I want to do something else.

If anything this kinda shows that the new engine is way more efficient than the 2020 one, because the processor is actually used to a far greater extent. Hence the rate at which time progresses in-game on the fastest setting is massively faster than 2020. If you have powerful hardware, you can always set it to very fast instead of fastest and that way the speed is capped by the game so your hardware is not being pushed to the limit.

Return to “Issues and Support”