Turning off Help and Tips

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Turning off Help and Tips

Post by mfisher12 »

My apologies in advance if I've missed an existing thread on this where it was already answered, or if I'm missing some key little button in the interface that would accomplish what I want, but it's gotten to the point of being frustratingly annoying.

There are two places on the UI that are intended to provide new users with help and tips (one for each). In all the time I've played SRU beta, I have never managed to turn off the Help pop-up, no matter what button I smash. The little "?" buttons aren't really very descriptive, as their descriptions confuse the user as to whether they change the default or dismiss the current message.

Now the "Tips" popup has come along and is doing the same thing, often with much the same information that I don't care to read.

As an experienced SR player, these two popups are totally useless to me. They are distracting and annoying in addition to being useless. I understand that new users may want to read them, but what about the rest of us who already know what we're doing? I hate having to stop and click away these messages every time they show up. If the problem is an unclear UI, can it be changed to be more clear?

MrRipper

Re: Turning off Help and Tips

Post by MrRipper »

You can turn it off in my game options.
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

MrRipper wrote:You can turn it off in my game options.
Thanks. That's still not abundantly clear. "Help System Auto-Highlight"? Is that another way of saying "Turn help off"? Does it disable both "Help" and "Tips", two different UI areas?

EDIT: It stopped the Help pop-ups but the "Tip" messages are still there.
Last edited by mfisher12 on Nov 20 2014, edited 1 time in total.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

It disabled both now you mentioned it, but you wont miss it if you know how to play.
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

MrRipper wrote:It disabled both now you mentioned it, but you wont miss it if you know how to play.
It does not disable both, and I've been playing SR since SR2010 came out in 2005. The tip feature is new with Ultimate and, as usual, there's a dearth of documentation.
Last edited by mfisher12 on Nov 20 2014, edited 1 time in total.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Oh ok i dont get the tips messages anymore (also not in new games). Maybe when you start new game its disabled not sure.

Return to “Issues and Support”