Units stranded on foreign islands

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Units stranded on foreign islands

Post by Zuikaku »

Hi, having a problem in my game. Tried to reinforce my forces via Scotland (got full transit treaty with them). When I ordered to unload in the port, they unloaded on the small island across the port.
Now I can not move them out of there.

How can I move or scrap those FLAK units?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please teach AI everything!
number47
General

Re: Units stranded on foreign islands

Post by number47 »

Yeah, this is so annoying but there already is a thread for this, my dear friend :P

In my game, I just bought 5 inf units to help me fend off my attacker and the unloaded on an island right next to port |O |O |O don't have to explain I went ballistic after seeing this. "Luckily" this happened on my island so I could build pier to ship them off but man, was I pissed. :roll:
Last edited by number47 on Oct 23 2014, edited 1 time in total.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:Yeah, this is so annoying but there already is a thread for this, my dear friend :P
Didn't know that. :oops:

Any solution?
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

number47 wrote:Yeah, this is so annoying but there already is a thread for this, my dear friend :P

In my game, I just bought 5 inf units to help me fend off my attacker and the unloaded on an island right next to port |O |O |O don't have to explain I went ballistic after seeing this. "Luckily" this happened on my island so I could build pier to ship them off but man, was I pissed. :roll:
Isn't the cost of 5 inf units lower vs building industrial facility and/or sea pier? Unless they could change the tide of war, I'd just leave them there and bombard them after war.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Kristijonas wrote:Isn't the cost of 5 inf units lower vs building industrial facility and/or sea pier? Unless they could change the tide of war, I'd just leave them there and bombard them after war.
Well, I would have to check for exact figures but no, it wasn't. Those units costed me around 8 billion, and sea pier+mil hex costed me around 4 billion if I'm not mistaken. I didn't have another 8 billion to buy more (and even these were a hard find since all the world was at war and rarely anyone had any units in reserve) and I really needed them to prevent enemy advance. Luckily, enemy was steamrolling 4 other nations at the same time so I got 25 days of low intensity attacks which was enough to finish the pier and transport the units to the frontline. Pier will be used again when AI decides to repeat this idiotic "action" which it certainly will. :wink:
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

I believe I started the previous thread on this:

The really annoying thing was that the islands belonged to my colonies (who had not enough reserves to activate a sea-pier).
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Zuikaku wrote:How can I move or scrap those FLAK units?
Helicopters?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

GreenGoblin wrote:Helicopters?
By the time he invents helicopters, the crews will die of old age and the cannons will turn to dust :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:
GreenGoblin wrote:Helicopters?
By the time he invents helicopters, the crews will die of old age and the cannons will turn to dust :lol: :lol: :lol:
to rust :D
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

I think it should be possible for any ship that can perform amphibious landings to also be able to embark units without a pier. The embarked units should be set to 0 combat efficiency since they weren't loaded in a manner consistent with combat readiness.

Return to “Issues and Support”