Strange population bug?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Strange population bug?

Post by Eldin »

When I conquer new territory in my current game some of my population disappears. I have positive population growth, almost zero emigration. Yet my population decreases by a large amount.
I've tried to include my save by uploading a .rar file but it doesn't seem to work. So I had to resort to speedyshare. http://www.speedyshare.com/FrD52/norge.rar It's easy to replicate, simply declare war on Sweden and watch as the population decreases for every hex captured.

Side note: As I pressed "Add the file" when trying to upload all my text disappeared.

Side note2: This save is the result of focusing on your economy for 50 years, slowly building it up and becoming a world leader in GDP\c. The result is hilarious to say the least.
500 million citizens, 25% population growth per year and I used to have a very positive cash flow, but as time progressed research has become insanely expensive.
I've ran the game every night for almost a week.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Strange population bug?

Post by Balthagor »

We'll check it out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Any progress on this? I had my game play day and night for 5> days waiting to dominate the world. Finally I was ready when I noticed this bug. Kind of ruined my plans. :lol:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sorry, not sure how quickly we'll be able to get to this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Nice save game. Which scenario is it? It works on my 1936 game ;D (however I think technologies are different. I though they were the same for SR1936 as well as SRU?)

One thing apart huge performance slowdown I would like to note is the UK-Argentina war. Look at kill/death ration for Argentina. Argentina has been slaughtering UK units in Falkland island. It's a flaw :/

Eldin, did you use any cheats?
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

No cheats. Just a lot of patience. The game was started in SR:U using the Cold War.

Yes, the UK-Argentina war is a mess. The UK is sending a constant stream of units to their deaths, trying to unload at the pier in the Falklands, and has been doing so for some 20 years.

Return to “Issues and Support”