How to use missiles in Silos

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ronald Raygun
Sergeant
Human: Yes

How to use missiles in Silos

Post by Ronald Raygun »

Hey, I have a question, and although I may feel stupid if the answer has been staring right at me.... I can't seem to figure out how in the hell to use the missiles (ICBM's) in missile silos. I remember that in Cold War, you had the strategic window way of doing it.... but I have never been able to figure out how to launch them manually... or how to do it at all in 1936...

any help would be greatly and sincerely appreciated.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: How to use missiles in Silos

Post by Chesehead »

As far as I know, there isn't a way to utilize missile silos in SR1936. I think you needed that strategic screen, and even then it was only available for the US and USSR. Missile silos have always been the runt of the litter when it comes to features within the SR series- They were initially in SR2020, but then removed since they didn't really work(A plausible explanation was given however) and they were a vague concept within SR:CW.( No real info was given on how many missiles they could hold, what missiles went to what silo, etc.)
Ronald Raygun
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: How to use missiles in Silos

Post by Ronald Raygun »

I'm not to sure of how this would work.... but wouldn't it be as simple as making the silos hold a silo unit (that doesnt move from the facility) the likes of a plane or tank... but the only available order for them is "fire missile" and when that order is selected and a target picked by the player it launches the ICBM or missile? of course this unit would only come out of reserves when the player wanted to do so, and could only fire once the use of nuclear weapons was ok'd

I just would like the ability to have ICBMS be an actual part of gameplay since you can research and build them... but not use them.

Return to “Issues and Support”