Map Errata: Yugoslavian Breakup

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

suaske666
Major
Human: Yes

Map Errata: Yugoslavian Breakup

Post by suaske666 »

I'll be honest and say i have yet to witness the break up of yugoslavia modeled in the game, because every time i try to play a game something happens an i lose interest. for example in my last game afte the sudetenland was annexed by germany, no event happened to make germany create slovkia and take bohemia.

that said i'm sure that you got the breakup wrong in yugoslavia, so i'll make a thread to help you fix it.

first for reference here is the map from wikipedia:

and now here is how i'd translate it to the game's map

Also note a different but related issue:

Italy always annexes albania, while in reality it was more of a protectorate( colony) that Bohemia. so unless you let germany annex bohemia, albania should be a protectorate.
Last edited by suaske666 on Jun 03 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Map Errata: Yugoslavia

Post by Balthagor »

Noted. I'll pass along the information.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

ok after i investigated this further i have found that you mostly did it good anyway, but one very annoying bit (for me personally anyway) is the "vuka" župa(župa is an administrative division).

this area is between the two riverss, and should be emulated like this:

as oposed to this:

i know this may seem like a minor difference, but it's still a lower quality than the gamy allows, and me personally, being from this area, it breaks the immersion.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Have you considered to change the topic name to "Map Errata: NDH" or "Map Errata: breakup of Yugoslavia" or something similar since Yugoslavia is not the main focus per se? We already have topic with the exact same name that is actually working on issues in 1936 map of Yugoslavia and having two identically named topics will definitely cause major confusion.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

number47 wrote:Have you considered to change the topic name to "Map Errata: NDH" or "Map Errata: breakup of Yugoslavia" or something similar since Yugoslavia is not the main focus per se? We already have topic with the exact same name that is actually working on issues in 1936 map of Yugoslavia and having two identically named topics will definitely cause major confusion.
done. sorry
number47
General

Post by number47 »

suaske666 wrote:
number47 wrote:Have you considered to change the topic name to "Map Errata: NDH" or "Map Errata: breakup of Yugoslavia" or something similar since Yugoslavia is not the main focus per se? We already have topic with the exact same name that is actually working on issues in 1936 map of Yugoslavia and having two identically named topics will definitely cause major confusion.
done. sorry
No problem, and thanks! :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Rhaycen
Major

Re: Map Errata: Yugoslavian Breakup

Post by Rhaycen »

I'm currently playing a game as France, and after annexing both Germany and Italy I wondered if I could still trigger the Yugoslav breakup and when they had the coup I invaded with France.

The breakup still happened, including both Croatia and Serbia being German colonies. Even though Germany didn't exist anymore, after I was done taking over all the areas, the Italian areas of actually became Italian again .. effectively ressurecting Italy as a nation.

Though this nation was both allied and a Democracy and has no practical resources to speak of .. it still went to war with the US. (As did the independant allied nation of Albania)

Return to “Issues and Support”