Several issues with released version of the game

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Several issues with released version of the game

Post by Kristijonas »

Hello, so I've encountered a few issues with the game on my first test play as Lithuania.

1) This could be huge if not intentional: almost all facilities in conquered territories are "paused reconstruction" by default. Which might not be a big problem for the player as they can change it, but the AI doesn't, which means that the AI never benefits from conquered lands. It is 1943, September in my game and Germany still hasn't resumed reconstruction of its first conquest - Polish territories, let alone in any other of their territories. I'm concerned that in a long-term game this could lead to huge world-wide shortages of industrial and consumer goods. It's really not fun seeing countries conquer lots of lands only not to get anything out of it.

2) This happened: Germany and Italy declared war on USSR. I wanted to be on the good terms with Germany and Italy, so I clicked "support" in both cases. (or was it that I clicked "condemn when USSR attacked?). Anyway, when I clicked it, my casus belli on USSR LOWERED instead of getting higher. I mean, if a country supports Italy in their offensive against USSR, shouldn't their casus belli be increased towards USSR? Casus being support for Italy.

3) Spain in my game has -3 allies. The list is shown as empty. Spain never went to war with anyone. wth :D

Otherwise the game is really superb. Zoom lag is much less(perhaps this fix could be ported back to SRCW?) and I really like it how Lithuania has got Memel area as a colony so it can be taken for Germany later. I found out that as player I can simply liberate and annex the area so Germany wouldn't take it away. Wish there were more partisans when the baltic states are taken into SU which would reflect reality. Also, Vilnius (Wilno in game) was being fought over for by Lithuania and Poland throughout the interwar, but this isn't reflected in any way. Perhaps some partisan spawns of Lithuania could be put there or at least relations between Lithuania and Poland should be at 0% instead of around 40% as it is now.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Several issues with released version of the game

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks,

#1 is discussed in a few threads already, we are still reviewing this.

#2 do you have a savegame from before you clicked "support"?

#3 Seen this also, we're looking into it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Sorry, only had autosaves, and it's years past.
Btw, is it normal for China to completely kick Japan off the continent and take whole Manchuria and Korea? In 1vs1 against Japan. War took 2 years I think.

Oh and another small issue, when I play as Lithuania, when I send my airplanes somewhere inside my country, they fly around and self-destruct in the air O_o Not at war with anyone, the country is small and there are several airfields... What could be the case?
pauliuzz
Corporal

Post by pauliuzz »

Kristijonas wrote:Oh and another small issue, when I play as Lithuania, when I send my airplanes somewhere inside my country, they fly around and self-destruct in the air O_o Not at war with anyone, the country is small and there are several airfields... What could be the case?
Planes run out of fuel and crashes into land, question is why they don't go to resupply...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas wrote:Oh and another small issue, when I play as Lithuania, when I send my airplanes somewhere inside my country, they fly around and self-destruct...
Do you have a savegame for this? Hasn't been reported yet. I do know that as land borders change, aircraft can find themselves trapped or with insufficient fuel to get home. We do have some checks to try and compensate for it.

Re: China, it can happen, we are continuing to review the game balance in case some regions need adjusting.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Just start a new game as Lithuania and order planes around to random places in the country, they will simply fly in circles a bit and crash.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

K, we'll check it out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas wrote:Just start a new game as Lithuania and order planes around to random places in the country, they will simply fly in circles a bit and crash.
Just tried this, no crash. More info?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Ok, sandbox, Lithuania, settings:

military difficulty very hard
diplo very easy
diplomatic merchant vessels off
enhanced spotting off
enhanced ranges off

Now at the beginning there are a few planes out. Just select ALL the planes of the country and move them to Zarasai, a town on the far right. They will fly over there for a few moments, then one plane will try to come back to Palanga air base I think, and in the middle of the flight it will confusedly try to come to a different airplane ? (or back to Zarasai?) and will I guess go out of fuel and crash? It can happen with other planes as well, I think, because I have seen more than one plane crash for Lithuania.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Was able to see it once. May be related to top game speed? We'll investigate...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Sorry, top game speed? Could you explain?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You can pause the game or set the speed from slowest to fastest. At the fastest game speed, I saw aircraft crash. At one slower than that, they did not crash.

This is covered in the tutorial.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Kristijonas wrote:Hello, so I've encountered a few issues with the game on my first test play as Lithuania.

1) This could be huge if not intentional: almost all facilities in conquered territories are "paused reconstruction" by default. Which might not be a big problem for the player as they can change it, but the AI doesn't, which means that the AI never benefits from conquered lands. It is 1943, September in my game and Germany still hasn't resumed reconstruction of its first conquest - Polish territories, let alone in any other of their territories. I'm concerned that in a long-term game this could lead to huge world-wide shortages of industrial and consumer goods. It's really not fun seeing countries conquer lots of lands only not to get anything out of it.
I'd call this a major flaw. It is what has put me off playing the pre release version for too long, spending vast amounts of time restarting construction in conquered territories is not enjoyable. I was hoping this would be fixed for release. I honestly can't be bothered starting a new game until it is :(
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Balthagor wrote:You can pause the game or set the speed from slowest to fastest. At the fastest game speed, I saw aircraft crash. At one slower than that, they did not crash.

This is covered in the tutorial.
But how can this be? Shouldn't speed settings not affect what actually happens in game?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas wrote:Shouldn't speed settings not affect what actually happens in game?
Not exactly. At the "top speed" there are slight changes to how things are calculated to achieve that speed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”