AI vs. AI wars - sandbox

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: AI vs. AI wars - sandbox

Post by Balthagor »

Are you using the beta update, ver 9.0.26?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Just some observations on this.

1) Only played as USA. Yeah, it is a personality weakness. But it does allow me to have global effects with the economy when I want. :)

2) The big thing is running out of Mil Goods. Once they are drawn down in a VH Vol game from the fighting, it all pretty much slows down or stops entirely. The secondary, with the coming of more mech forces, is Oil shortages. I think the combination leads to shortages and a slow down of forces, which in turn leads to stalemates.

3) The AI just doesn't make peace but will just keep right on going.

I agree that after a set period (12 months?) or set objectives (capture of X cities?) the AI should start looking at a small percentage per month of offering peace. I would also like to see the AI puppet or release more countries over time vs. just annexation.
Rawlings01
Warrant Officer

Post by Rawlings01 »

I did allow Beta yes but this happend in the game i played before i allowed Beta updates as well.

Maybe there needs to be a Conquest Victory setting in the pre games victory menu and when that is set that games perpous should be then to do just that be more devius and sly alot more events that can lead to one thing or another over time even to the point of a nation deciding there's just not room for the both of you (War)

Basicaly the AI would look to conquer other nations while modeling there economys to that end.

Im still playing the current game its early 2025 and still no ones had a pop at enyone even when i support oposition and have there cesas bill and mine both at 70%.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

In SRCW and SR36, there used to be an ai aggressiveness setting that you could mod that would make the AI much, much more warlike and expansionistic.

Can't recall what it is offhand, but should be an easy search on the SupremeWiki.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

while inspecting my games throug multiplayer I have discovered that AI rulers indeed offer peace to each others from time to time. The problem is they never accept these offers. I'm really starting to believe the cause of this might be that they do offer peace, but demand money for that.

So, if some region offers you a peace and asks money, lots of money, it's no wonder nobody accepts it.

Remove money demands from peace offers, and maybe we'll see end of endless AI vs. AI wars.
Please teach AI everything!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

In the newest Beta, I've seen peace between AI Vichy France and a number of AI allied countries. That has been the only ones I've ever seen.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Nothing like that happened in any of my games...
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

I had Japan and China sign a peace treaty the other day.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Zuikaku wrote:Nothing like that happened in any of my games...
It does happen. Try a game on Very Easy Diplomacy and see how that happens. The AI tends to be more forgiving of other AI countries as well as the human player.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Zuikaku wrote:while inspecting my games throug multiplayer I have discovered that AI rulers indeed offer peace to each others from time to time. The problem is they never accept these offers. I'm really starting to believe the cause of this might be that they do offer peace, but demand money for that.

So, if some region offers you a peace and asks money, lots of money, it's no wonder nobody accepts it.

Remove money demands from peace offers, and maybe we'll see end of endless AI vs. AI wars.
It would be a good start to see if peace really happens. Sometimes i control what i want and im ok with peace, but ai asking way too much for me to accept.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

I just think resolving this mean more requests then just the peace offers. Thats why its not fixed yet.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

MrRipper wrote:I just think resolving this mean more requests then just the peace offers. Thats why its not fixed yet.
I think they didn't start tuning AI diplomacy yet.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Zuikaku wrote:while inspecting my games throug multiplayer I have discovered that AI rulers indeed offer peace to each others from time to time. The problem is they never accept these offers. I'm really starting to believe the cause of this might be that they do offer peace, but demand money for that.

The funny thing is, if the AI offers you peace and asks for money, you can turn them down and then offer peace back to them without money and they will take it.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Aragos wrote:

The funny thing is, if the AI offers you peace and asks for money, you can turn them down and then offer peace back to them without money and they will take it.
Not all the time. Sometimes. And also, if you reject the offer and offer them peace a few days later, they will not accept it...
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

So, after a few months of gameplay time, can anyone confirm that AI regions make any peace deals?
Because I can not... :-(

Return to “Issues and Support”