AI vs. AI wars - sandbox

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Re: AI vs. AI wars - sandbox

Post by Aragos »

Zuikaku wrote:So, after a few months of gameplay time, can anyone confirm that AI regions make any peace deals?
Because I can not... :-(
I still see some countries doing it. Normally it is countries that aren't engaged (like Australia making peace with Finland). But it is still very rare.
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Post by Zuikaku »

I still see endless stalemated wars between major regions and endless "Finand vs. Chile" type of wars which do not make any sense! |O
Please teach AI everything!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Zuikaku wrote:I still see endless stalemated wars between major regions and endless "Finand vs. Chile" type of wars which do not make any sense! |O
Are you playing with Spheres turned on? That will tend to push everyone into one side or the other, so you end up with a big Blue vs. Red war going on.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Aragos wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:I still see endless stalemated wars between major regions and endless "Finand vs. Chile" type of wars which do not make any sense! |O
Are you playing with Spheres turned on? That will tend to push everyone into one side or the other, so you end up with a big Blue vs. Red war going on.
Spheres are turned off. But wars still lasts forever. What is most annoying thing - when I load the game as MP, I can see many regions who are more than willing to accept peace offers for free. But AI just seems not to send peace offers to anyone. |O
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Are any plans to stop endless AI vs. AI wars? It is really annoying thing to see stalemated regions in wars forever!
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

I'll keep bringing this up since it has impact on gameplay and replayability! :-)
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

+1
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Have been playing more recently.

There are really too few conflicts.

The world enters never-breaking alliances with each other (everyone) with no chance for any wars. In my last Shattered World game that I played for several years, the ONLY AI vs AI war was Paris vs Moscow. Needless to say, neither invaded the other and nothing happened between them.

That's it. Nothing else.

On HIGH volatility.

Please add some randomness to the AI, a chance for conflict escalation if there is casus belli or poor relations.

I have also noticed AI countries usually all pick the same technologies to research, leading to all countries developing the same. Give some kind of a face to countries! President/dictator/monarch pictures was a nice touch to add character to countries, but it really needs something a little more, something to define countries. Thank you!
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Any chance for improvements on this field in upcoming update?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Wait for the economy update, if it is good it will effect the AI wars. AI will wage more wars if backed with cash and strong economy...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

In SW, the only way I could get crazy war-time was to mod the scenario file (as I noted in the Mod thread). Once I tweaked aistance, etc. it was war fever.

Same with 36, etc. You mod that, and the wars begin. Oddly, they also end sometimes (UK vs. France often stops at some point, same with USSR vs. France).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

With the changes in the latest update, perhaps zomeone could update this thread based on the changes?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:With the changes in the latest update, perhaps zomeone could update this thread based on the changes?
So far I think it is working rather well. I have seen some AI vs. AI wars end in truce before one side is annihillated. Some have stopped after a month or two and some after a year or more. Some of the wars are lasting for years. But I can definitely see drastic improvements in this area.

But still far to many alliances forming. AI is just alliance crazy...
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:With the changes in the latest update, perhaps zomeone could update this thread based on the changes?
OK, after some longer period of gameplay, i have noticed following things:

- AI makes peace if there are no active battles between regions
- AI never makes peace when regions have active battles meaning some wars still last forever
- AI never makes peace if regions are stalemated but have active battles
- AI never makes peace when one region is in disadvantage
mato9020
Corporal

Post by mato9020 »

I think ai should be far more inclined to colonize rather than annex. At least they colonize first until they get more cash/have higher treaty integrity. Currently AI will almost always annex, wouldnt it make more sense for their default choice to be colonize?

Return to “Issues and Support”