Need output indicator when building resource facility

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

vorius
Lt. Colonel

Need output indicator when building resource facility

Post by vorius »

When you are in the resources panel on the bottom left menu, where you can see all the resource your nation produces, adjust prices, set buy orders, etc... there is a construction option which you can use to build a new facility to produce the good you have currently selected.

When you choose the building you then can hover over hexes on the map and when you leave the mouse over a hex a tooltip pops up which will show you a capacity figure.

Now obviously you want to build your gas field or your ore mine or whatever on a hex that will give you maximum output, but with the red color scheme it is difficult to determine what hex is the best. I can build one building on a nice deep red looking hex and get x output, then build on another similar deep red hex right next to it (same supply!) and it produces x+10% or more!

I wish the tooltip would not only show 'capacity' but also 'expected' output should you place a new facility in that hex. All it has to do is show you the output of that facility *if it were built there right now*. So you can easily see what hex in the clump of similarly bright red hexes is actually the best spot.
bluestreak2k5
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Need output indicator when building resource facility

Post by bluestreak2k5 »

From my understanding all buildings produce the same amount of materials whether the HEX is dark RED or light RED. This is not an indicator of how much production each building will produce, but is an indicator of how many buildings you can put on that HEX.

For example most oil fields in Europe are light RED, meaning you can only have 2 oil pumping buildings on this Hex, and 4 others of whatever you want.

If you go into Turkey and the Middle East there are Dark RED oil hexes which allow up to all 6 buildings to be oil.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

bluestreak2k5 wrote:From my understanding all buildings produce the same amount of materials whether the HEX is dark RED or light RED. This is not an indicator of how much production each building will produce, but is an indicator of how many buildings you can put on that HEX.

For example most oil fields in Europe are light RED, meaning you can only have 2 oil pumping buildings on this Hex, and 4 others of whatever you want.

If you go into Turkey and the Middle East there are Dark RED oil hexes which allow up to all 6 buildings to be oil.
This is spot on. The only real variables to production differences of the same type facility in different hexes is supply and loyalty. So generally if/when possible you want to build in a hex loyal to you with the highest supply.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
vorius
Lt. Colonel

Post by vorius »

Fistalis wrote:
bluestreak2k5 wrote:From my understanding all buildings produce the same amount of materials whether the HEX is dark RED or light RED. This is not an indicator of how much production each building will produce, but is an indicator of how many buildings you can put on that HEX.

This is spot on. The only real variables to production differences of the same type facility in different hexes is supply and loyalty. So generally if/when possible you want to build in a hex loyal to you with the highest supply.
Hmm, is this something that changed during the course of this series? I thought that'sh ow it worked before..

Trying it now I dont see differences in output with two equal supply hex with petroleum. But I do see a difference with agriculture. Two hexes side by side, one darker than the other, both supply @ 100%. The one on darker hex produces about 80 more tons of food than the other one.
bluestreak2k5
Captain

Post by bluestreak2k5 »

Agriculture is slightly more complicated...

You can destroy all timber and agriculture buildings and it never goes to 0, this is because you naturally get timber and food from the territory you own.

If you try this with anything besides these 2, you'll find that it is the same. I've never actually tested it though in 1 hex with exactly the same supply %.

I think this is how it has always been, although 1936 is the first one for me, never played Supreme Ruler before.
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

In past games you also got water from your water sources and modest amount of power from population centers. Power determined by type (town, city, etc) and the water/food/timber seemed to be by hex density, with supply influencing both. Eg all things equal, simply improving infrastructure, and thus supply, across the USSR could produce fairly substantial increases in food/timber/water production, even if you had zero discrete facilities.

I've yet to grab SR1936 so can't comment. I've had my finger on the buy button several times, but my schedule of late... I just know I better not click...
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

The one on darker hex produces about 80 more tons of food than the other one.
Is there a noticeable difference in population for those hexes?

Return to “Issues and Support”