german oil

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

thedesertfox101
Corporal
Human: Yes

german oil

Post by thedesertfox101 »

so i was playing game as Germany on latest version one thing i noticed is that i took over all of europe except for my allies one thing i noticed is that Russia ruins German economy instead of fixing it.. i ended up rage quiting due to having no one trade me oil and having set up max number of gas fields all around europe and russia. around 220 gas fields only producing about 700k oil per day. while needing 2 million barrels day. funny thing is my army is using about 100k of oil per day while industries are using about 150k of oil per day. and freaking civilians for their cars are using 1.9 million freaking barrels per day WTF.
bluestreak2k5
Captain

Re: german oil

Post by bluestreak2k5 »

It's a big known issue, and I believe everything including oil is in Metric tons, not barrels, so that would be 7.333 * 2 million which is 15 million barrels per day, or the equivalent of today's US economic consumption. But its not just oil, its iron, and basically all other resources are way off from historical numbers.

There are 2 important things to note:
1. Supply matters for production. The higher your supply, the higher your production, try to achieve 100% supply around your oil fields. Try building an airfield and 2 supply depots on top of 1 oil field in the middle of a lot of oil fields, Then connect this with a road and rail to a nearby city.
2. Population support matters for production. Keeping your population as happy as possible increases its production, which makes you more money.

There are bugs within that too though.

Also all resources outside of German Loyalty only provide 66% of their resources due to loyalty penalties.
thedesertfox101
Corporal

Post by thedesertfox101 »

thanks for tip :)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

bluestreak2k5 wrote:Then connect this with a road and rail to a nearby city.
Building both is redundant. The bonus to supply they add don't stack when you build both.

If you need to increase unit movement speed together with supply, then build roads but if units movement speed in that region is not important, then build only railroads since they are much cheaper and cost less to mantain but "produce/transfer" the same level of supply.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

1) Build supply depots to boost up supply near the big oil fields. If you are getting 30% supply, that means you are gettin 30% of the oil...further modified by...
2) Increase/max out Infrastructure spending.
3) Conquer Egypt. And Saudi Arabia, if needed.

Keep in mind as your empire grows, your population will increase, and so will your demand for oil. If you are having a issue, max out the price for your citizens (will reduce consumption). If it is still too high, increase taxes (they have less to spend, which will reduce demand).

Return to “Issues and Support”