GERMANY - Changes Needed, Pt. I

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

geminif4ucorsair
General

GERMANY - Changes Needed, Pt. I

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Germany has both map, tech and other changes needed. This will list recommended now changes,
to be followed by recommended larger changes in production.

* MAP - City of Svetlyy in the SR-49 Kaliningrad area, shows as a Aircraft Fabrication location....remove
the Aircraft Fab from the location, and change the City Name.....[am sure there were no German cities with Russian names :lol: ].

- Land Fabrication facility at MIROSLWIEC should be removed....AND, City name changed to German name (unless this is in fact in
Czech territory....not checked yet. But, there was no Land Fab factory there in '36.

* TECHNOLOGIES.

- Remove: Carrier Design Improvement, from currently Researched list.

- ADD: Basic Torpedo Designs - Germany was building first-class torpedo designs throughout WW One, which is what this tech represents.

* PIC's.

* Change: - Do-24 should be changed to Seaplane pic (use same as He-8 ok)
- He-59 should be changed to Seaplane pic (use same as He-8 ok)

* PRODUCTION.

* Fiesler Fi-156 - shows up both in Build options under both Recon/Patrol and Tactical Bomber categories - removed from Tac Bomber list.

* AIRCRAFT FABRICATION.

* ADD: 2 x Aircraft Fabrication facilities at: BERLIN MilComplex (X892 Y140)......
a full list of proper aircraft fabrication - as well as Naval and Land Fab's.....[EDIT: now posted at: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 72&t=22261

Add these two, both of which represent two bomber production firm's locations.

* RESEARCH.

* Ju-352A-1 transport (#14091) should not be showing up so early to R, as its IOC is 1944. Suggest removing from list.

* Arado Ar-232B-0 transport (#14127) should not be showing up so early for R, as its IOC is 1943. Suggest removing from list.

My two Deutschmark recommendations, anyway.
Last edited by geminif4ucorsair on Feb 02 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: GERMANY - Changes Needed, Pt. I

Post by Balthagor »

Noted
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Good to hear. I think the lack of Fabs is the main weakness right now of Japan and Germany.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Carrier Design Improvement is a tech from 1921 and a prerequisite for the Graf Zeppelin which the Germans should begin in '36 so should have all the carrier's prerequisites.

Basic Torpedo Designs may need a new title based on it's description, it's a tech from 1937 so no one should know it in 1936. No boats use the tech until 1937.

He-59 is using a Seaplane pic, the Kawanishi H8K. 627 is probably closer though, He-115

The Fi-156 appears only in Recon. The Fi-167 in TacBom has the incorrect name.

Ju-352 requires "airforce production '43". You can research it when you get that tech. Germany does not know that at the start. Same for AR-232
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
geminif4ucorsair
General

Balthagor wrote:Carrier Design Improvement is a tech from 1921 and a prerequisite for the Graf Zeppelin which the Germans should begin in '36 so should have all the carrier's prerequisites.
Basic Torpedo Designs may need a new title based on it's description, it's a tech from 1937 so no one should know it in 1936. No boats use the tech until 1937.
He-59 is using a Seaplane pic, the Kawanishi H8K. 627 is probably closer though, He-115

Ju-352 requires "airforce production '43". You can research it when you get that tech. Germany does not know that at the start. Same for AR-232
PICS - Ref He-59 (and other twin-engine seaplanes), any of the available Twin-Engine Seaplane's will do, for He-59, PBY's, PB2Y Ranger, etc. are all older twin-engine designs - so He-115 unless you have a better CG in your "bag" of new images.

TECH's:

* Tech #1095 - Carrier Design Improvements - Guess the problem is more with the inclusion of the word "Improvements" in this tech, which was intended to represent development in the Washington Treaty period of the mid-20s, with emergence of early steam catapults, etc. - as seen on Akagi, Kaga and Lexington-class aircraft carriers. The date itself is indicative of 1921 thru late-20s redesign of battleship/battlecruiser designs with high-SHP marine engines, large capacity hangars, early steam catapults, new barrier landing systems, etc., added to the above CV Classes that were not included in the early-HMS Argus and other merchant ship or collier conversions.

Because, the term "Improvements" has no predecessor, i.e. Basic Carrier Design [technology], which would represent the several WW One designs and projects (British, Russian, etc.) of the period.

That would be a good Tech inclusion for SR-36.

The next related Tech #992: 1934 Carrier Hydraulic Catapults.... on my mdb copy, both #1095 and #992 are required before R on the ship design.

* I would contend that Germany - having not built any aircraft carriers prior to the tech, would not have the "improvements" known,
that are presumed to be included in this tech.....

and, given the long gestation period of the construction (and recognizing the delays caused by the war outbreak), Germany was still unable to put a rapid construction program together for building this CV design.
Last edited by geminif4ucorsair on Feb 02 2014, edited 3 times in total.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Balthagor wrote:Carrier Design Improvement is a tech from 1921 and a prerequisite for the Graf Zeppelin which the Germans should begin in '36 so should have all the carrier's prerequisites.

Thanks for amending.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Chesehead wrote:Good to hear. I think the lack of Fabs is the main weakness right now of Japan and Germany.
Agree. Worthwhile to go to the several amending recommendations under Japan and German naval and aircraft fabrication locations - plus a couple Land Fab's thrown-in - to improve you games.

Under separate comm's, a complete set of Japan changes (map, production, etc.) were recommended and hopefully emerge soon on Updates.
Might be worth posting on the forum the Land Fab changes for Japan....now. :wink:
geminif4ucorsair
General

* PIC's.

* Change: - Do-24 should be changed to Seaplane pic (use same as He-8 ok)
- He-59 should be changed to Seaplane pic (use same as He-8 ok)

After reviewing the Unit file and cycling thru pic #488 and #448, it appears that the only twin-engine seaplane option is Pic #448 (PBM-5)....
so we can use thusly.
Will also update work copy mdb.

Return to “Issues and Support”