Scharnhorst Class Battleship Gun Range

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

davidclaywood
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Scharnhorst Class Battleship Gun Range

Post by davidclaywood »

I know this is an oversight but we need to document each one found so BG can compile their punch list for the final stretch.

Let me know if their is another way you would like to handle these pesky little anomalies. I know the crush to get the project done very well.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Scharnhorst Class Battleship Gun Range

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

For now, separate threads will have to do. However, giving exact details (value is missing vs. value is wrong) is helpful links like Hullu provided mean we'll resolve it faster.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Almost 41km range on it's main guns
http://navalhistory.flixco.info/H/65700/8330/a0.htm
23km on it's secondary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_cm_SK_C/28
Earlier post indicated BG accepts in general my analysis of using 70% of maximum main gun range;
BG does not include any separate Data Sheet rating breakdown for secondary gun ranges (but which are incorporated
into my formula for rating all ships), which are only used in the Anti-Air capability calculation (High-, Mid- and Close/Low-Air).
This BG design, reflected in the unit Data Sheet, has not changed since release of the SR-2010 game.

SCHARNHORST main ship vs ship gun range is set at 26-km for the 11" guns, based on 30-degree gun elevation.
Its penetration - reflected in the Hard / Fortification and Naval attack ratings, are also based on the above.
At the moment, those ratings are, if someone wants to modify the ratings now:
Soft - 485
Hard & Fort: 140
Close: 425
Naval: 141
Anti-Air: Mid-level: 42; Low-Air: 55;
Defense ratings: 875 / 0 / 525 / 815

There are improved ratings for the post-1942 modernization and improved anti-air weapons added, which is part
of a separate UNITID# (Scharnhorst Class BC Modernization).

In the case of Anti-Air ratings, the German battleships and battlecruisers (and Deutschland) class armored cruisers),
the latter would be the 4.1" dual-purpose guns for Mid-Air (not the SK C/28) and various Low-Air 20mm guns.

There is further discussion of the Range setting used in a another post (Ship Attack Values).

Return to “Issues and Support”