Espionage Cost...

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hundane
General

Espionage Cost...

Post by Hundane »

Playing as Mexico built a Intel Academy, no problem. Sent a spy on espionage mission to US and spending reports its costing 15 million a day to finance the operation.

Seems a bit high to me for this era , was wondering if something not right here or is it WAD ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Espionage Cost...

Post by Balthagor »

Don't think it's been reviewed specifically. Noted, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Hundane wrote:Playing as Mexico built a Intel Academy, no problem. Sent a spy on espionage mission to US and spending reports its costing 15 million a day to finance the operation. Seems a bit high to me for this era , was wondering if something not right here or is it WAD ?
Concur, even after playing Japan....and Japan can afford more than Mexico! This became especially true when playing Thailand (Siam) and Chile over several game months. At an early stage, the current cost is so high, it is totally unaffordable for most small and mid-sized regions.

All I can say is Richard Sorge, Ozaki Hotsumi, Miyagi Yotoku, Branko de Vukelic, and Max Clausen of the Sorge Spy Ring would love to have had that kind of monies coming from Moscow!

My guess would be all the Spy costs are still based on SR-1949 in the beta (but have not had time to cross-check). It would appear the correct Costs should be on the order of @ 5% of the current SR-1949 levels.

As the Sorge Spy Ring indicates, these were relatively small groups of persons, not N.S.A.-type operations as one sees today.
WireZerstörer
Sergeant

Post by WireZerstörer »

But, besides the espionage cost this topic mention (i have been experiencing myself too (with Mexico as well, and with Italy), another problem is that, after some time of gameplay, suddenly when you try to send a spy to a mision (whatever mission you select, it doesn't matter) and wait for him to arrive the place you clicked, well, nothing happens. This has happened me twice, both times playing as Italy in the campaign.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

WireZerstörer wrote:But, besides the espionage cost this topic mention (i have been experiencing myself too (with Mexico as well, and with Italy), another problem is that, after some time of gameplay, suddenly when you try to send a spy to a mision (whatever mission you select, it doesn't matter) and wait for him to arrive the place you clicked, well, nothing happens. This has happened me twice, both times playing as Italy in the campaign.
Do yo have a savegame or more details? If you see things like these, please make a post about them as a bug report in a new thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
WireZerstörer
Sergeant

Post by WireZerstörer »

Balthagor wrote:
WireZerstörer wrote:But, besides the espionage cost this topic mention (i have been experiencing myself too (with Mexico as well, and with Italy), another problem is that, after some time of gameplay, suddenly when you try to send a spy to a mision (whatever mission you select, it doesn't matter) and wait for him to arrive the place you clicked, well, nothing happens. This has happened me twice, both times playing as Italy in the campaign.
Do yo have a savegame or more details? If you see things like these, please make a post about them as a bug report in a new thread.
Yup, i will e-mail it to you so you can check it up.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Re: spies not working - you have sent out a Rule of Engagement to all your units everyone - lock from minister control. That was sent to your spies also. That locks your spies from missions.

BTW, if you don't want your units to move, you should turn off initiative in the defense - cabinet, not lock everything.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
WireZerstörer
Sergeant

Post by WireZerstörer »

Balthagor wrote:Re: spies not working - you have sent out a Rule of Engagement to all your units everyone - lock from minister control. That was sent to your spies also. That locks your spies from missions.

BTW, if you don't want your units to move, you should turn off initiative in the defense - cabinet, not lock everything.
Thank you! that solved my problem, i never thought that rules of engagement affected spies also, good to know it from now on :D
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Are false flag attacks planned as spy missions?
If we want to do something bad to someone and then frame someone else? And enjoy in resulting war? :D
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “Issues and Support”