Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

davidclaywood
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

German Campaign Start Anomalies v 8.0.1.4

Post by davidclaywood »

Issue: Lack of Transport capability.
At the very beginning of the campaign Germany has no supply ships, transport aircraft or Trucks making it difficult to keep ships fueled at sea, transport Airborne troops to drop zones and most importantly to move artillery at a decent speed across the country.

Note! A refueler/tanker ship is configured and equipped very differently than a bulk cargo ship of the day. It is my opinion they be different vessels entirely in the game. Seems to me the Germans also had resupply Submarines that carried both fuel and cargo. The Merchant raiders were also combined cargo and tanker refuelers

This brings up another important point, many artillery pieces are way to heavy to be moved by the 6x4 cargo trucks Germany is able to research early in the game. In particular issue is with the 88mm AA/AT guns that cannot be 'Split' to a size that can be transported.

Suggestions:
Add the Attach/Detach toggle to Cargo Truck/Towed Units so cargo trucks can tow 4x their carry capacity.
Change the 'Weight' of the towed units so they can be towed.
I do not suggest a large increase in the trucks carry capacity because that will effect the whole unit table too much.

Return to “Issues and Support”