Unit Data Anomalies Version 8.0.1.4

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

davidclaywood
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Unit Data Anomalies Version 8.0.1.4

Post by davidclaywood »

Issue: On 3/21/38 Germany was able to acquire Jet Tech from Siam. This gave me the ability to start research on the ME-262.
Because of this I was able to examine the ME-262 unit data. It appears the ME-262 is not any more expensive to manufacture or maintain than the FW-190.

Research: The ME-262 was very expensive to maintain due to the erosion of the turbine blades. It was not until the advent of High Temperature Alloys that Jet engines became viable technology to use widely.

Suggestion: Greatly increase the operating costs of all jets until the advent of a new tech, High Temp Alloys.

PS: It would be really great to see a diagram of all the Technologies in the game. The new Tech Browser looks like a great place to do that but you need to identify 'Key' technologies so one can browse up and down the tree without dead ends.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Unit Data Anomalies Version 8.0.1.4 - Germany

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

davidclaywood wrote:Issue: On 3/21/38 Germany was able to acquire Jet Tech from Siam. This gave me the ability to start research on the ME-262.
Because of this I was able to examine the ME-262 unit data. It appears the ME-262 is not any more expensive to manufacture or maintain than the FW-190.
Research: The ME-262 was very expensive to maintain due to the erosion of the turbine blades. It was not until the advent of High Temperature Alloys that Jet engines became viable technology to use widely.
Suggestion: Greatly increase the operating costs of all jets until the advent of a new tech, High Temp Alloys.
PS: It would be really great to see a diagram of all the Technologies in the game. The new Tech Browser looks like a great place to do that but you need to identify 'Key' technologies so one can browse up and down the tree without dead ends.
#1. First, the issue of THAILAND being able to have a host of Known Technologies inaccurately....BG will have to fix this, for it appears all of the following should not be within Know Tech's for Thailand:
* Air Force Production - '43 [remove]
* Aircraft Turbine Design [ ditto]
* Fighter Plane Design Improvements [ ditto]
* Improved Fighter Armament [ditto] - this represents the late-WW2 heavy cannon developments, such 20mm HS 404, US 37mm, etc.
* Improved Wing Design [ditto]
* Jet Aircraft Design [ditto] (1944)
* Jet Aircraft Prototype(s) [ ditto] (1944 tech)
----
also, Improved Propeller Aircraft Design is a question mark (?) - as it is unclear where its origins are and it is not on the BG current Tech's list provided thus far; it was likely intended as a late-war (1944) tech to represent the new-generation propellers (mostly 4 or 5-blade) being used on the latest high-speed prop designs (Spitfire 22-24, Seafang, Spitful, P-47J, as examples)...it should not be a Known Tech for Thailand, if this is its intended origin.

SPECIFIC to the acquisition of jet aircraft, other anticipated tech's that must be developed would include: * Aircraft Turbine Design;
* Jet Aircraft Prototypes (1940)
* Air Force Production (1943)
* Jet Engine Airframes (1943)
* Jet Aircraft Production (1944)

There was previously a proposal for another jet engine alloys tech, but think this is a good start for BG in SR-36 (if all the above appear).

Lastly, it should be noted BG is a long ways from smoothing out the Tech's, including descriptions and the links between various tech's and unit designs. Presume that will come along as change are made to the beta.

#2 - Adjustments will also be to Costs from what is current on beta....several of the UNITID#s appears to have been data dumps from SR-49 and changes are widespread in Production Costs, Time to Produce, etc.

#3 - Adjustments to THAILAND are still needed (as for above on Tech's).....likely Examples:

* Production Options - Aircraft: F11C Goshawk II (BFC-2) (a carrier-capable aircraft design) should be swapped-out for the Hawk II and Hawk III (Model 68B/C) fighter designs (none of the three has assigned UNITID#s as yet).

* Production Options - Army; added options for production should include:
- - Artillery: M.05 75mm field gun
- - Armor: CV-33 Carro Veloce - Thai's built a similar vehicle, based on acquisition from Italy and its origins with the Cardon Lloyd vehicle.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Issues and Support”