Playing as France Issues

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Playing as France Issues

Post by SGTscuba »

I have been playing as France in the latest patch and found a few bugs that are still lingering. Had a talk with Balth on Steam just and so I am going to put them in this thread:

-Vichy France gets created still, but not given any territory and then 'falls'. This is without me being defeated (Germany was almost defeated at that point).

-Indo-China got handed over without my consultation to the Japanese. :evil: And this was without me being defeated.

-Some of my colonies suddenly fell and became a part of France proper. Not all though, mainly my Central African colonies and about half my Caribbean colonies. My North African colonies (Algeria, Morocco, etc) are still colonies.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Jakt80
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Playing as France Issues

Post by Jakt80 »

SGTscuba wrote:I have been playing as France in the latest patch and found a few bugs that are still lingering. Had a talk with Balth on Steam just and so I am going to put them in this thread:

-Vichy France gets created still, but not given any territory and then 'falls'. This is without me being defeated (Germany was almost defeated at that point).

-Indo-China got handed over without my consultation to the Japanese. :evil: And this was without me being defeated.

-Some of my colonies suddenly fell and became a part of France proper. Not all though, mainly my Central African colonies and about half my Caribbean colonies. My North African colonies (Algeria, Morocco, etc) are still colonies.
I had a similar issue with Vichy in my Italian campaign. I deliberatly took the town of Vichy to see what would happen when Germany sacked Paris. Well, they didn't sack Paris by 19 june 1940, so Vcihy event seemed to fire (message said France has fallen and Vichy has been established) and nothing really changed, France alive, Germany still trying to take Paris, me holding Vichy. Except a message about Vichy region falls coming up a few seconds later (may have been on the next day) and the war waged on unhindered. Colonies becoming France also happened, but didn't look closely at that. French colonies when France fell remained colonies albeit without any parent. So they're independent nations with goverment type colony.
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Had same and similar issues myself. France took over most of central Africa. Vichy France declared war on Vichy France even though there is not a "Vichy France" on the board, then Vichy France surrendered. And then there was this:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 72&t=22016
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Noted, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Copied from AAR Japan in AAR (After Action Reports):
Jakt80 wrote:
deadmeat1471 wrote:Just make any colonies attached to the mother country cease to be colonies, if no one occupies them they will be new countries, but theyll have no forces of their own unless they get left to stew for abit, so most likely they would get occupied by someone else.(japan in this case)
This is my sentiment aswell, and what I thought happened aswell, until I noticed they're still colonies, except without parent. If you want it, take it. If you dont want it, then someone else will take it, otherwise it's liberation and freedom on a platter. Only question is what happens to military complexes in a colony that belonged to the parent. I haven't seen what happens atm, anyone who knows?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Jakt80 wrote:Copied from AAR Japan in AAR (After Action Reports):
Jakt80 wrote:
deadmeat1471 wrote:Just make any colonies attached to the mother country cease to be colonies, if no one occupies them they will be new countries, but theyll have no forces of their own unless they get left to stew for abit, so most likely they would get occupied by someone else.(japan in this case)
This is my sentiment aswell, and what I thought happened aswell, until I noticed they're still colonies, except without parent. If you want it, take it. If you dont want it, then someone else will take it, otherwise it's liberation and freedom on a platter. Only question is what happens to military complexes in a colony that belonged to the parent. I haven't seen what happens atm, anyone who knows?
I still say there should be some system for transferring colonies from one nation to another. Mainly because I want Indochina to be my colony when I play Japan but I don't particularly want to annex them. If I attack them directly I can't colonize them because nothing is loyal to Indochina.
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

I would also like to see an option to release annexed countries into colonies or liberate. (if there isn't one already)

Return to “Issues and Support”