163 Komet fighter available too early

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

163 Komet fighter available too early

Post by Cdiplayer »

Playing as Germany I was able to build the 163 Komet in 1937. Definitely should be fixed to require more research.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: 163 Komet fighter available too early

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Cdiplayer wrote:Playing as Germany I was able to build the 163 Komet in 1937. Definitely should be fixed to require more research.
This was apparently a BG-build-on to beta, for it does not appear on my mdb except as historical.
* Me-163A is 1943'
* Me-163B is 1944
* Me-163C is 1945

Something tBG will have to fix on the beta.
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Just a question, is the me 263 on that list? (upgrade on the me 163, removing the dolly and adding retractable wheels instead, iirc also improving fuel storage safety somewhat)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Cdiplayer wrote:Playing as Germany I was able to build the 163 Komet in 1937. Definitely should be fixed to require more research.
Wrong source of the problem. I found that Germany in '36 knowns Air Force Production '43. That's why it's easy to get.
Jakt80 wrote:Just a question, is the me 263 on that list? (upgrade on the me 163, removing the dolly and adding retractable wheels instead, iirc also improving fuel storage safety somewhat)
Only 1 prototype ever built and I'm unconvinced the Me-163 will work properly in our game engine or if it can even be called a "successful design" because of it's range/flight time. 263 could be considered for an update if we get the 163 balance satisfactorily.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote:
Wrong source of the problem. I found that Germany in '36 knowns Air Force Production '43. That's why it's easy to get...
Found the problem, Ju-86-C1 had an incorrect prereq and it was giving Germany too high a tech. Fixed for next update
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Balthagor wrote: Only 1 prototype ever built and I'm unconvinced the Me-163 will work properly in our game engine or if it can even be called a "successful design" because of it's range/flight time. 263 could be considered for an update if we get the 163 balance satisfactorily.
3 and a mock-up, but your points are valid ;) Point defence is all it could ever amount to, so very situational at best. What about the russian counter-part when it comes to rocket planes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BI-1
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If the quantity built is less than 30, it's a low priority for now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Oh, naturally, just throwing it in there ;) I'll stop clogging up this thread now, realized that this isn't the place.
DenisG
Lieutenant

Post by DenisG »

Looks already solved. But another observation from me: I was able to build it, but it would not fly, but stayed on the hex of the aircraft fabrication.
Cheers,
Denis
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

DenisG wrote:Looks already solved. But another observation from me: I was able to build it, but it would not fly, but stayed on the hex of the aircraft fabrication.
Cheers,
Denis
Already discussed here
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”