Newest (18 Dec) Version Issues

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Newest (18 Dec) Version Issues

Post by Aragos »

--the diplo option to shut off requests still is not functioning properly.
--AI is better using/selling/trading IGs. I had several cases where the AI would offer to trade other raw materials in lieu of $$. Very good.
--If France falls before June 1940, all the French colonies become independent. In Jun/Jul 40, the Vichy event fires and the colonies become Vichy territory. Not sure how this would be impacted if the player (or the AI) was to invade a pre-Vichy colony before the event fired.
--Vichy event: When it fires, the games pauses for a bit. I can pause/unpause the game and it starts up again.
--Siam usually gets into a war (at H or VH vol) with Japan over French Indochina. When Dec 41 rolls around, Siam declares war on the US just as if it were (historically) a Japanese ally...even though it is at war with Japan.
--AI pathing/invasions. I've watched the Germans throw away most of their army trying to unload Merchant ships at London. Having said that, I've seen them pull it off once or twice and conquer the UK. The issue is a mix of the UK AI reaction (it has warships sitting on the Channel but not covering the Thames, despite a horde of Germans there) and GER AI determination. Even after US enters the war (me) and a lot of units go to the UK, they keep right on trying to invade. All it takes is a handful of US BBs to wipe out most of the German army.
Jakt80
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Newest (18 Dec) Version Issues

Post by Jakt80 »

Aragos wrote: --If France falls before June 1940, all the French colonies become independent. In Jun/Jul 40, the Vichy event fires and the colonies become Vichy territory. Not sure how this would be impacted if the player (or the AI) was to invade a pre-Vichy colony before the event fired.
I as Italy annexed Tunis after the fall of France before Vichy, I got to keep Tunis and the part of France I had siezed during the war. All other former French colonies became Vichy French. IIRC my war with west africa was ended in the process. Since no troop movements had been made, no idea if territorial possession would be reversed, but I can test it if you like, still have the save in march of 1940.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Aragos wrote: --AI pathing/invasions. I've watched the Germans throw away most of their army trying to unload Merchant ships at London. Having said that, I've seen them pull it off once or twice and conquer the UK. The issue is a mix of the UK AI reaction (it has warships sitting on the Channel but not covering the Thames, despite a horde of Germans there) and GER AI determination. Even after US enters the war (me) and a lot of units go to the UK, they keep right on trying to invade. All it takes is a handful of US BBs to wipe out most of the German army.
Noted this also. There should be some security checks and attempts to achieve sea domination before launching massive invasions.
Invasions with single units while enemy naval forces are present are ... well... you know... HUH
Please teach AI everything!
cret
Sergeant

Post by cret »

- Austria should be annexed not colonized during Anschluss. Wandering independent weak Austrian units are useless for Germany and ridiculous.

-There are still no Czechoslovak objectives on this stage of development.

-Conquer Poland objective date (17th March 1938) is much too early. On this day the ultimatum was delivered to Lithuania by Poland. The ultimatum demanded that the Lithuanian government unconditionally agree to establish diplomatic relations with Warsaw within 48 hours. The ulimatum was supported by Germany. http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/4919354/
Fall Weiss was hurriedly prepared in spring 1939 when Warsaw's adherence to the Rome-Berlin axis failed.

-There is a need of sea transit of any aircraft units. Japan or US can not transport airforce (beside aircraft carrier
based) to Pacific bases or to other continents. It could be limited to transport to hex with both sea and air base.

-Garrison units should have some speed to allow scraping (now 0km/h)

-IMHO merchant marine is wrong concept. It allows small countries to send troops on other continents. AI is sending merchant ships in order to invade distant enemies without any warships assistance, as noted previously.
Sea transit should be only possible by cargo ships

-Germany do not have carrier based aircraft designs to discover. At least navalized Junkers Ju 87 "Stuka" dive bombers and Messerschmitt Bf 109 should have long deck carrier ability. Both types were designed for Graf Zeppelin.

Return to “Issues and Support”