Aircraft will not take off

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Aircraft will not take off

Post by mfisher12 »

I'm rushing through my 1st game just as a test of various trade, diplomacy and tech features. I'm playing as the US on "Very Fast" to advance the clock quickly. Once I think I've explored most of the tech tree, I plan to start a slower, more serious game.

I researched and built the C141B Starlifter Transport, a 1965 tech. The first one I built refused to rebase -- I selected it, found another air base and right clicked. The icon froze in midair over the originating airbase. I then right clicked on its current base and it landed. I then sent it to reserve and that worked. Activating it, giving it a day or so to complete activation & supply, I again tried to rebase. Same outcome.

Thinking it might be the location of the air base (Willow Grove), I built another C141 at another Aircraft Fabrication facility. The same thing happened.

I haven't seen this problem with other aircraft but I continue to test it. The F111A Aardvark (a 1964 tech) does not have this problem. For now, it's my judgment that the C141B is bugged.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Aircraft will not take off

Post by Balthagor »

We have been reviewing air speeds of all units. A bunch of post-1960 aircraft may not have an airspeed value. We'll be updating those later, focus for now is still on the 1936-1949 era.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

Thanks, Chris. That makes sense. I just figured it was worth mentioning, as a reminder if nothing else.
DenisG
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by DenisG »

As mentioned in another thread: My 163 comet did not take off as well.

Cheers,
Denis

Return to “Issues and Support”