Major BUG : Cant spend money :(

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

pex666
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Major BUG : Cant spend money :(

Post by pex666 »

1936 is the first game i play in this series (very nice) though i have a HUGE problem:

I cant spend money, whatever i build doesnt reduce my balance, however if i for ex. buy techs from other countries the money is drawn.

I tried restarting the game 5-6 times (completly new game, sandbox and no changes to rules etc, everytime though i played with China as in your instruction-video).

Is this a known problem?
Aragos
General

Re: Major BUG : Cant spend money :(

Post by Aragos »

Building does not automatically cost money--it comes out of resources, and spreads out the cost over the period of building the item.

Also, you have income/trade, etc. that is constantly coming into your income, so it will seem as if no money is going away (it really is). You can check this under the $ Tab--look for Income Tab and Expenses Tab.
pex666
Lieutenant

Post by pex666 »

Aragos wrote:Building does not automatically cost money--it comes out of resources, and spreads out the cost over the period of building the item.

Also, you have income/trade, etc. that is constantly coming into your income, so it will seem as if no money is going away (it really is). You can check this under the $ Tab--look for Income Tab and Expenses Tab.
The game was paused and i placed 300 (!) research centers (140M$/each) shouldnt that decrease my balance atleast a little? There were no change. I also started building ~500 other buildings...

If i dont remeber wrong when i checked the tutorial-video on youtube the balance decreased instantly when they placed buildings?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

The money isn't spent if there aren't resources to build the item. Example: You build 500 research centers, but you only have actual resources for 1. The money doesn't come out unless a facility starts to build--you'd lose money for 1 that day, but the other 499 would wait until you had the actual resources.

Try this out--go to diplomacy, and give an ally all of your money. It will vanish immediately upon acceptance by them. Building works differently from that, as the game considers money just one of the resources needed to build a building or unit.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Need to save this thread. I believe its the first 1936 "Bug" thread that's not a bug but user error.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

pex666 wrote:...The game was paused...
Did you roll time? Build orders aren't processed until you roll time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”