SR1936 Early Access Beta Update 8.0.4

Post by George Geczy »

New Update for Supreme Ruler 1936 Early Access Beta:
  • Fixes for events in Italian Campaign
  • Fixes for 1936 Sandbox Historical Events
  • New Scenario, Poland 1939, Added
  • Minister Priority setting improvements, more detail
  • Miscellaneous tweaks
The update should push out automatically by Steam to all players. The version number is reported in the game's main menu. Enjoy!

-- George.
mikeownage
Colonel

Re: SR1936 Early Access Beta Update 8.0.4

Post by mikeownage »

Will play around with the update later tonight or tomorrow :)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thanks fellows!
magiclight
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by magiclight »

No direct link? I ask due to steam wanting me to reinstall the game (perhaps because I moved it from it's steam dir) before it will give me any updates :(
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Updates will only come via steam during the early access.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
cret
Sergeant

Post by cret »

Some comments to Poland 1939 scenario.
-Lithuania does not exist in this scenario (why not? Only "Memelland has been embodied in the Reich in march 1939)
-German Austria is a colony not a part of Reich (what was the reason for such change?)
-Benes Czechoslovakia (in shape of Second Czechoslovak Republic) does exist in September 1939 scenario as neutral state (there should be only Slovakia allied with Germany)
-Soviet Union attacks Poland on 16th of September ( it should be on 17th)
-France and UK properly declared war on Germany on 3rd September. France does not move into Germany while Wehrmacht breaks the front heading into Paris. France still does not react even on French soil.
-Poland fell to the Germans and Soviets in the early October which looks pretty realistic.
cret
Sergeant

Post by cret »

Some problems noted on Italy campaign (steam early access Beta Update 8.0.4) (period 36-41)

- generally most of objectives/ events for Italy work great.

- “Conquer Albania” (control Albania as a colony) could not be finished although Albania has been conquered and reduced to Italian colony.

- Germany do not Anschluss Austria but create it as colony

- Munich Pact works OK but Hungary annex western part Carpathian Ruthenia as a result of this pact not in March 1939.

- There was no event dissolving 2nd Czechoslovak Republic on 15 March 1939 and annexation the Czech region into the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. Consequently there is no "independent" Slovakia as German's ally.

- Germany is very week in 1939 on the brink of war (almost the same war potential- industries as in the beginning. It could not wage the successful war against Poland not to mention France or SU. German armour technologies are preaty the same as in 1936 although Itally has shared planty of techs.

Italy must attack France immediately on 3rd of September 1939 to prevent France from conquering Berlin. The same help must be repeated in 1940 when weak Germany declare war against Benelux. At last in 1941 Hitler agrees on formal alliance with Italy and Italy could sent him extra units. In 1941 Germany still could not conquer Poland. Czechoslovak army, which should be liquidated in spring 1939, looks like to be actively supporting Polish defense. Tiny Austrian army still exists too.

-Soviet Army generally do not progress west of Vistula river.

-On 22nd June 1941 Germany declares war on Soviet Union. Strangler both countries still wage war against Poland.

In the meantime Romania Hungary and Bulgaria has been reduced to German colonies while Finland is still independent and joined war against Soviets.
-On 12th July 1941 Poland and Czechoslovakia formed alliance. :roll:
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Thanks for the comments and observations. The historical events are actively being developed right now, and so we will be working to address these issues and others within the next couple of updates.

-- George.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

One addendum to the issue with German tech development and force building. The tech (as we've all discussed) needs to be tweaked to allow for easier advancement to historical armor/inf/arty techs. I have seen (in one of about 8 games so far) the Germans get PzII's by 1940, along with Me109s and Me110s. They were even trading He111's by 1941. I think some minor tweaks should fix that.

The main issue is IGs. Without enough IGs on the map, the AI does not build additional Fabs. I've done a couple of experiments and found (as USA) that 1) if I don't trade IGs and focus on US internal development, the map stays pretty stagnant with very little development but 2) if I minimize CG and MG production and trade as much IGs as possible on the world market the AI will start to build Fabs. For me at least that is an indicator that the issue is less that of AI code than simply one of basic resources.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:. For me at least that is an indicator that the issue is less that of AI code than simply one of basic resources.
Yes and no.. the AI could be taught to build up IG supply a bit better. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Fistalis wrote:
Aragos wrote:. For me at least that is an indicator that the issue is less that of AI code than simply one of basic resources.
Yes and no.. the AI could be taught to build up IG supply a bit better. :wink:
Good point. However, if there just isn't enough going around--or it is being drained by too high demands from MG and CGs--then the AI will respond within the limits of that restriction. In other words, if all the IGs are going to keep CG production high enough to keep DAR at a minimum level, there aren't enough left to build new Land Fabs, etc. That is just my guess based on the games I've played so far. I'm not really a firm believer that is the problem, so it could be something else :)

Return to “Issues and Support”