Technology Issues

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Technology Issues

Post by Aragos »

Observations from three USA games (latest was to late 1944 w/o crash--great job!)

--nuclear tech is too easy to research/obtain. The length and expense should be increased, IMHO.

--tank techs take too long to research. Playing USA, it wasn't until early 1944 that I could produce the first Sherman tanks. The AI seems to have the same issue--I overran Germany in 1943 and they were still using PzI's as their only tanks. Soviets did not have T34s, etc. So my guess is that the tank techs need to be tweaked to at least meet historical timelines (e.g., M4A1 Shermans by early 1942, PzIIIs by 1940, etc.)

--Aircraft techs have the same issues. Germany, etc. were using biplanes. The best interceptors (I had them) were P-36 Hawks and P40C's. The UK did not field Spitfires or Hurricanes. Again, my guess is the preq techs for those aircraft take too long to get.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Technology Issues

Post by Balthagor »

Noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Re: Technology Issues

Post by Aragos »

Balt--did some more testing last night as USA. I basically bought every tech I could from UK and Germany, mostly to test the ability to get tanks in line with their historical production. I think if you can do that, you can get the M4A1 by mid-1942 (at best), but it requires buying techs from everyone at the start.

Return to “Issues and Support”