Industrial goods

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Industrial goods

Post by Ruges »

Still figuring out if they are balanced or not, But it seems like there is an imbalance in them.

Playing as Italy and building on a 68 percent supply hex. it is costing me 1569 industrial goods to build one industrial goods facility. Which only produces 40 goods itself. So you need 40 industrial goods facilities working to build 1 facility. I think the cost might be a little high, but probably need more play time. Anyone else have any opinions on this?
Aragos
General

Re: Industrial goods

Post by Aragos »

Agreed, especially since IGs are used to make other finished goods, etc. The result is a continual deficit of IGs you really can't overcome. I'm playing a new USA game, and just gotten (by 1939) to the 'golden point' where I can build a cluster of 6 IG factories without going into negatives overall--which basically means I'm only producing a small amount of MGs and not exporting any CGs.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I also noticed that things like oil and coal cant be bought by smaller countries, no matter how much I offer to pay them I wont ever reach my demand. (even as Guatemala)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Post by Zuikaku »

SGTscuba wrote:I also noticed that things like oil and coal cant be bought by smaller countries, no matter how much I offer to pay them I wont ever reach my demand. (even as Guatemala)
I think that main problem with oil is created by AI units which move arround aimlessly ,burning huge amounts of oil...
Please teach AI everything!
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Not only Industrial goods and oil, but also Military goods. In my full scale war as Italy I need 68,000T of military good daily. But only produce 414. I cannot buy any on the global market as there are none to buy. I tried to make a trade with other nations but they are also in the same situation where they need 1,000 times what they are producing.

And its not like you can build more, since it costs to much in industrial goods to build more then 1 at a time.

commercial goods are in the same boat.
cret
Sergeant

Post by cret »

One needs 10 times more oil- gas fields then coal mines to fulfill the consumption of nation. It looks to be be imbalanced. Oil- Coal Synth is not very effective. Anyway we do not know exact project effects and productivity of facilities.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Having started about 1/2 dozen games at this point as USA (thank you snow days!)

Observation: The big issue, I think, isn't IGs. I originally thought it was. I believe the problem is in power/electric generation. The US, UK, Germany are big power producers but all suffer from major shortages in 1936. The result is that about 1/2 of the US IG factories are idle, even if you shut down MG production entirely and limit CGs to only the basic needs (and max out the cost internally). The reason they are not working is a lack of power. Once you get Improved Electrical Grid tech, it solves that problem and the big producers start churning out excess IGs for the world market.

However...if the war starts (or you play on VH Vol like I do), the demand will skyrocket as cities, etc. are damaged and require IG for repair.

I was only able to provide enough IGs in one game, where the coal plants and IG factories in the US stretched from Washington DC to the outskirts of New York.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

I actually love the idea of technology being the main force in the amount a facility will produce. It's something that will aid the game in differing countries from advanced, and third world.
I believe the problem is in power/electric generation.
That's just added into one of the problems.

How much capacity do, US, France, Germany, UK to produce industrial goods?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

In my current game I just took over the US as Italy, plus all the other countries I have conquered so far. I produce 2.3M oil. My civs demand 3.2M (actual demand is 3.6M when goods demand is included). That leaves me 1.3M barrels short. A single early oil plant gives me about 1,000 oil (oil field only 500). This means I need to build over 1,000 plants to get enough oil. Now because industrial goods are in short demand the requirement to build new plants is high I can only build 2 oil plants at a time. At 1 week each (I think its about that with how many engineers I got working on them). So that's about 100 plants per year.

So in 10 years I can produce enough oil to sustain my economy. And that's if I only focus on oil and don't do anything else.
DenisG
Lieutenant

Post by DenisG »

I think this is difficult to tell from this early point in testing and attempting different scenarios. We know that the main challenge was military economics especially for the axis, but also Great Britain until the Atlantic became secure. I have been observing the same, but I am aware that I am also 'used to' building my economy to a very strong almost self-relying basis in SSCW and SS2020.

If military economics have historically been the main challenge in that period, we should have it covered in the game as well.

Cheers,
Denis
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

"I actually love the idea of technology being the main force in the amount a facility will produce. It's something that will aid "the game in differing countries from advanced, and third world.

this means that techs related with commodities will have strong effects. do you know how exactly work these effects? for example the efficiency of... agriculture, water etc?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

18 Finished Goods Facilities Efficiency

92 Efficiency of Consumer Goods
93 Efficiency of Industrial Goods
94 Efficiency of Military Goods

effect 18 is effect 92 + 93 + 94 together?
and what exactly does this efficiency improvement?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

33 Finished Goods Industrial Demand

this effect concerns industrial goods needed in the production of consumer and military goods?
and decreases the tons of industrial goods needed in the production of 1 ton of consumer and military goods at the percentage we put in the .ttrx file?

Return to “Issues and Support”