Unit Errata

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Unit Errata

Post by Balthagor »

requests for new units or inventory changes should go in a new thread. Errata is for errors in what is already in the game.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

UnitID 682 "XA-360 AMV" currently uses picnum 21 while better representation of the RL unit would be picnum 243 (in case you have no intention of adding new meshes for modern scenarios :P ).

Picnum 21 is a 6x6 XA-200 (and older versions)

while XA-360 is a 8x8 of different appearance (couldn't find low res turreted version (not at home so can't resise :D ))

EDIT: turreted versions
Polish
South African
Croatian
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

id# 8787 "NSM-119 Penguin IV"
range 185km
kg 410
launch platform =5 (land+naval)

http://defense-update.com/20140926_coro ... EYv2GdY5c4

and ..Ithink the name is only "NSM", but I'm not sure 100%
Con forza ed ardimento
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

BGs, can you ,please, consider toning down all of the engineer/pionere (including motorized engineers) units? Why do they have so high ratings at all.
The main advantage of engineer units should be bridging, helping building things and fort attacks. They are not elite units. regular and mechanized infantry should be much more useful in everyday combat.

The other problem with overpowered engineer units is that AI prefer building them over regular infantry types. So, instead of buildin motorized or halftrack infantry it builds motorized engineers. 90% of AI's non garrison infantry types are engineers. And they are also more expensive and time consuming to build than normal infantry. I know that AI builds most expensive units only when have money, but... engineers really needs toning down.

don't have experience with modern or cold war games, but I suspect that AI even there prefers building engineers over IFV infantry types.
Please teach AI everything!
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Zuikaku wrote:BGs, can you ,please, consider toning down all of the engineer/pionere (including motorized engineers) units? Why do they have so high ratings at all.
The main advantage of engineer units should be bridging, helping building things and fort attacks. They are not elite units. regular and mechanized infantry should be much more useful in everyday combat. The other problem with overpowered engineer units is that AI prefer building them over regular infantry types. So, instead of buildin motorized or halftrack infantry it builds motorized engineers. 90% of AI's non garrison infantry types are engineers. And they are also more expensive and time consuming to build than normal infantry. I know that AI builds most expensive units only when have money, but... engineers really needs toning down..
One solution for this is to move engineer units from infantry to support class. I have modded this, and I also grouped all foot/towed units in a separate class for all these special units giving them only garisson role. These slow and sensitive units perform better in urban environments, and engineers are best used when stationed in cities to assist the construction and repair operations.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

georgios wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:BGs, can you ,please, consider toning down all of the engineer/pionere (including motorized engineers) units? Why do they have so high ratings at all.
The main advantage of engineer units should be bridging, helping building things and fort attacks. They are not elite units. regular and mechanized infantry should be much more useful in everyday combat. The other problem with overpowered engineer units is that AI prefer building them over regular infantry types. So, instead of buildin motorized or halftrack infantry it builds motorized engineers. 90% of AI's non garrison infantry types are engineers. And they are also more expensive and time consuming to build than normal infantry. I know that AI builds most expensive units only when have money, but... engineers really needs toning down..
One solution for this is to move engineer units from infantry to support class. I have modded this, and I also grouped all foot/towed units in a separate class for all these special units giving them only garisson role. These slow and sensitive units perform better in urban environments, and engineers are best used when stationed in cities to assist the construction and repair operations.
And how is that working?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

What do you mean? How is this modded? Or how is this affecting the gameplay?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

georgios wrote:What do you mean? How is this modded? Or how is this affecting the gameplay?
Think he was asking how it affects gameplay. I'm kind of curious myself. I believe BG used to do something similar (maybe they still do) where foot troops where kept more for garrison forces. The problem at the time was that poorer countries where the majority of their forces were foot troops such as the Korean war during the cold war scenario. Those wars become bogged down and a bit boring by not being able to call their foot troops to the front lines. I remember a mod I used to use back then which changed that behavior in order to get the foot soldiers to the front which resulted in much bloodier and more decisive battles. So I'm curious what you're seeing gameplay wise with your changes.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

way2co0l wrote:
georgios wrote:What do you mean? How is this modded? Or how is this affecting the gameplay?
Think he was asking how it affects gameplay. I'm kind of curious myself. I believe BG used to do something similar (maybe they still do) where foot troops where kept more for garrison forces. The problem at the time was that poorer countries where the majority of their forces were foot troops such as the Korean war during the cold war scenario. Those wars become bogged down and a bit boring by not being able to call their foot troops to the front lines. I remember a mod I used to use back then which changed that behavior in order to get the foot soldiers to the front which resulted in much bloodier and more decisive battles. So I'm curious what you're seeing gameplay wise with your changes.
modding or not, engineers need toning down!
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

The efects are that he asked. Fewer engineers.

You must learn to mod the .unit and aiparams files to improve the balance.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Ju-88C is not a tactical bomber but strategic bomber.
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

Shouldn't the AMX-13 FL-10 have the same picnum as the later versions? They do look much more similar in RL than in-game IIRC.
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

Bf-110G wrong picnum.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

US Stryker ACV, 2020 Shattered World scenario.

The turret turns on the wrong spin point. Instead of turning on the turret itself, the entire structure pivots on the gun barrel instead (e.g., it looks like the barrel is turning the turret, and not the other way around).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Aragos wrote:US Stryker ACV, 2020 Shattered World scenario.

The turret turns on the wrong spin point. Instead of turning on the turret itself, the entire structure pivots on the gun barrel instead (e.g., it looks like the barrel is turning the turret, and not the other way around).
All turret rotations have a glitch that they turn on the axis of the chassis, not of the turret. We're working on it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”