performance & map scrolling

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mattpilot
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

performance & map scrolling

Post by mattpilot »

Not sure what changed in the engine between SRCW and SR1936, but scrolling the map and just generally doing things is so much slower in SR1936.

Or is this just 'debug' stuff running in the background causing the slowdown?

ALso...... KEYBOARD scrolling please? As far as i can tell there's only "move mouse to edge" scrolling ..... can we haz arrowkey scrolling plz?
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Re: performance & map scrolling

Post by mattpilot »

In the interest of not wanting to clutter the forum:

I dont understand how units are balanced - i really want to, but i'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Taking Germany as an example.

The "Brandenburger" have SO MUCH BETTER stats than the regular "infantry" ... even use up less personnel. THe cost difference is negligible. The only disadvantage is it takes much longer to build. Surely that is not the only definining difference when it comes to unit balance???

What am i missing?

If the argument is "better training" and thats the reason why they take to build so long, then surely, from a game balance perspective, they should also require much much much more annual maintence (to account for the constant training) or some other 'negative' effect, no?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We're still doing balance work on our side so the system isn't locked down yet. Can't explain till we finish that stage.

There are lots of performance improvements missing still.

For map scrolling by keyboard, please make a separate thread in development.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

We're still doing balance work on our side so the system isn't locked down yet. Can't explain till we finish that stage.
hmm... anything we can do to "help" ? or is it not worth it to point out any irregularities since you are still doing balance work? Of course one would need to know 'how' you balance to look for stuff :-)

but.... this be one of my biggest gripes in the earlier games -> lack of meaningful 'stats' that dont correlate with each other and other units
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

At this stage, I don't think it's worth us reviewing in on the forums until we've done more work on our end.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”