Testing superior Japanese gameplay

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Testing superior Japanese gameplay

Post by Zuikaku »

here I will try to note my remarks on issues discovered while playing Japan.
My first goal is to try to get DAR as low as possible in order to see if I can initiate rebellion (hopefully).

-and my first issue - superior imperial Japanese Army and Navy are still unable to buy any foreign equipment |O

Further investigation continues...
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Testing superior Japanese gameplay

Post by Balthagor »

You can't reach "rebellion", they are loyal to Japan. Rebels can only spawn in territory owned by a region different than loyalty.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

- Japan can produce AA halftrack in 1936 - which is wrong

- like the fact that almost all naval and air units are here - excellent job :-)

- Destroyers, cruisers and battleships are all in the one unit class. Are we again going to end up with the AI building only (the best and most expensive) battleships while none of the DDs, CLs or CAs are ever to be built?? |O

- Renaming units actually works :D

- Still no unit training (or unable to fount the option)...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:- Japan can produce AA halftrack in 1936 - which is wrong...
Which unit please.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:You can't reach "rebellion", they are loyal to Japan. Rebels can only spawn in territory owned by a region different than loyalty.
So, they can spawn in Korea or China?? That is also excellent new feature! But the game coul'd be more fun if rebels are possible in all hexes- loyal or not (and ofcourse, more possible in non loyal hexes).
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:- Japan can produce AA halftrack in 1936 - which is wrong...
Which unit please.
Mobile AA halftrack 20mm gun

Funny, I can not find Unit file to give you unit id :oops:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's a generic fictional unit. We can remove it if it seems unreasonable, but the unit has very low stats. It's an "early mounted AA".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:It's a generic fictional unit. We can remove it if it seems unreasonable, but the unit has very low stats. It's an "early mounted AA".
It seems unreasonable to me. Especially since Japan has no even halftrack infantry researched - so halftrack FLAK seems way off the mark....
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

k
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Japan also seems to have too much colonies.
Tinian, Saipan, Truk, Korea and Formosa were not colonies but were de facto integral part of the Japan. Manchuko was the only that acted like the colony. This way, Japan is too weakenbed on the one side. On the other, if rebels can spawn in non loyal hexes, Japan can hold these areas for free if they are colony. If they were not colony, Japan would have too keep there significant garrison (as historically did).

P.S. Having option to release or annex colony would be a great feature. And also to demand territory from the neighbours!

P.S.S. Italy overruns Ethiopia far too easily. And AI still tends only to annex and not colonize or liberate. Any chance you guys can randomize that a bit? So the AI is not that predictable?
Last edited by Zuikaku on Dec 08 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Like expected, AI defense minister tends to build only the strongest designs. That is particularly criticall in naval sector.
Especially in overly expanded class of "destroyers". So, AI minister tends to build ONLY improved Ise class (and later probably only Yamatos). Tat is nos good at all. Not only because of waste of resources, but lack of variability. So, are we never going to see any new cruiser or destroyer built?!

Please, do something about that and limit AI megalomania. Maybe solution can be that on every BB AI have to build 5 cruisers and on every cruiser 5 destroyers. Situation as it is now does not make any sense :cry:

Spanish civil war also did not started in 1936. Variability or not WAD?

Hungarian flag is also wrong for the WW2 era. The one in the game is for the post-WW2 communist Hungary. Romanian flag is also wrong in the same manner....
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

OK, I know you are still fine tuning diplomacy, but AI still rather accepts money than anything else.
I offered Germany $ 2200 (millions) worth of techs and demanded $ 220 in return. AI refused the deal. But when I am asking $ 220 worth of techs and offers $ 160 in money it accepts |O

The Graz - Ljubljana - Zagreb - Belgrade - Sofia - Istanbul (Orient Express) railroad is not present at the map.

After the Anschluss Austria was annexed and not made a colony....

Checzs were not colony to Germany either - they were annexed. With so much colonies (that didn't existed at all) Germany and Japan are weakened too much!

Libyan hexes are loyal to Italy and not Libya. Why?!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Recommendations:

Germany--
--Czechoslov should be annexed upon the event in 1939. This will give GER more direct resources (it really wasn't a'colony' per se)

Japan--
--The Pacific island groups (Saipan, Truk, et al) should be intregal territory of Japan. They were historically treated as such. Other than Saipan, the others were really just military bases with few civilians.
--Taiwan/Formosa should be a Japanese colony. Historically, it was treated as a "dependency" of Japan.
--Korea should stay as a colony, as it was treated as so by Japan.

However...if you can make Taiwan/Formosa and Korea declare war when Japan does, it should solve that issue.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I disagree with annexing Czechoslovakia. I say keep the event the way it is, with the Bohemia Moravia protectorate and Slovakia.

Return to “Issues and Support”