(renamed) Discussion on how relations change, propaganda, wars

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Can be deleted. No Bug, understand it wrong.

Post by evildari »

You have some games on the road map to include an algorithm to the most important strategic decision : to go to war (or not) and do it alone or with someone else.
Especially useful in a (grand) strategy game.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Ofcourse none of it is easy, its easy to sit behind your computer desk and tell whats wrong or how it can be improved, thats all im saying. But alot of those things i suggested was moddeled some way in SR2020. If i didnt had faith it could be done, i wouldnt be here. So let me ask you this, how does the CEO, AKA head programmer of SR2020, of Battlegoat studio's look at this?

I get the impression that alot of those things simply got removed not to overwhelm new players, am i wrong? Now how many players were lost because of those decisions? There are always people who dont get it at first and might give up. if they are smart they make allies with the world and see how they do their dirty work and improve from there. But then the allies actually gotta do something. New topics aint bad, it brings activity to the forum, even bad publicity is good publicity comercially.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: May 28 2020 Ofcourse none of it is easy, its easy to sit behind your computer desk and tell whats wrong or how it can be improved, thats all im saying. But alot of those things i suggested was moddeled some way in SR2020. If i didnt had faith it could be done, i wouldnt be here. So let me ask you this, how does the CEO, AKA head programmer of SR2020, of Battlegoat studio's look at this?

I get the impression that alot of those things simply got removed not to overwhelm new players, am i wrong? Now how many players were lost because of those decisions? There are always people who dont get it at first and might give up. if they are smart they make allies with the world and see how they do their dirty work and improve from there. But then the allies actually gotta do something. New topics aint bad, it brings activity to the forum, even bad publicity is good publicity comercially.
I think it's more a case that as we move on to "optimizing/improving" one area of the game, we don't always have a grasp of the impact on another part. We try to, and we test for it, but the scope of the game is so large that it can take multiple, multi-hour play throughs to really see the impact, and that is heavy on resources (ie. expensive) for a small studio.

I can't fully say how the lead programmer or the rest of the programming team see this, but like you we all have the belief that we can make something "really fun and cool".

I really gotta go back and retitle this thread...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

I mean to some part i can see that, and there was a point that the AI didnt even declare war in SRU (dang christmas patch), but yeah like said by evildari these are the basics you expect in a grand strategy game.

To get propaganda right, thats gonna be impossible, but to have a tech "propaganda machine", build a television network facility which gonna result in less of a drop to relations when doing "bad" things, at the same time maintain CB, with the counter that the world gonna dislike you for building it, is atleast a start.

I think it would be good to give people early access, this can be done in several ways. You sell the early access game for 19,99, this gonna give you a wide area of testers of people that dont mind suporting you. At the release you up to price to 30 euro or more and early access users get the base game for free. Or you filter alot of reactions about things not working and give a selected number of people early access, with for example a coupon with 70% discount. But please not just people that are focused on units. We seen enough of those topics in SRGW. And like i said before, going in the future, like 5-30 years atleast gonna give you some room. If the game is a succes you can always think about SRUNG.

I hope it will be easier for you guys with a new engine, i dont know much about that stuff, but i can imagine it would help. Going from notepad to dreamweaver making websites is like a world of difference.

Return to “Issues and Support”