Bugs Reports for WW2 start

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Undecided
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Bugs Reports for WW2 start

Post by Undecided »

Current game settings: default except no unit start, high volatility, no spheres of influence (axis vs allies meter)

- All the major Axis powers have fallen, but the Allies are in a state of perpetual war due to tiny micronation island holdouts. These are former Japanese vassals such as Micronesia, Northern Mariana, Palau, etc. It's been over a decade since the historical WW2 end date, and they still haven't been conquered, so I suspect the AI isn't even attempting to try.

- Not sure if it's caused by the above, but as a result America and Canada have not released any nations or returned land in Europe. They seem to be in a permanent occupation right now.

- With most of Germany lost, it took a few years to capture Berlin, despite adjacent land being captured and troops nearby. The AI doesn't seem interested in a decisive victory at all, even if given the opportunity. Similarly, after Germany's collapse, the march on Rome from the north took another five years on top of all that, again due to extremely slow pace of advance.

- When the Soviet Union falls, and even a single village is captured by Soviet partisans, huge portions of Soviet land defect back to the USSR due to insufficient supply issues. I'm talking like 60% or more of the original land was retaken due to insufficient supply, and nothing to do with partisans winning combat.

- Casus Belli generation: A lot of nations that have taken non-native land from the Axis are generating huge casus bellis. Canada took half of France, and I have a 100% casus belli with them... despite the fact that I have fantastic relations with them, and I'm on the other side of the world (China). Even Poland, which only took about a few German provinces, I have a 25% CB with.

- I've noticed that after the clock ticks over and the game transitions from WW2 to the Cold War era (~1945, '46?) that the game goes from completely scripted war -- no one declaring war on one another unless forced by scripted historical events -- to a big war frenzy with everyone dogpiling the Axis.

- Territories occupied by Germany/Japan but then "liberated" will effectively be de facto annexed by the liberator... and without any partisan resistance or negative political consequence whatsoever. An easy exploit to capture huge swaths of valuable land in the USSR or China.

- Virtually no rubber, which in turn means no consumer, industrial, or military goods available on the public market. There isn't even enough available to run the economy of a major nation for 1/4th of a day, that's how little there is. The international economy is totally broken, with the exception of stuff produced without rubber.

- Related to the above, market prices for goods seem to be capped at no more than ~25% higher than production? Given there's virtually zero rubber export to the world market, I would have realistically expected 10000% price hikes or the like.

Miscellaneous bugs, exploits:
- The sphere system of Warsaw v NATO or Axis v Allies is completely broken. Every game I played, everyone that wasn't a core Warsaw/Axis member defected to the NATO/Allies. This even includes all the non-colony communist countries joining NATO, for example. Literally everyone that could would join the NATO/Allies. I don't even bother with it anymore, since it makes a boring world; all countries belonging to the same faction means there's no more wars ever.

- If you defeat a nation, you can completely stop any partisan activity by letting partisans capture a single city and making peace. So you can pacify a country of a billion people at the price of giving up one village.

- When colonies become independent, they share the same treaties with you as you had with their parent nation. However, in the case of pre-existing unequal treaties (e.g., they have transit access to all your land, you have none with theirs), it can become a huge mess because they refuse to renegotiate more fair terms (equal access for both parties). Your only choice is diplomatic suicide by breaking all treaties.

- Related to the above, if you had free trade/labour agreements with the parent nation, you do not get any increased UN Subsidy rating increase like you would if you had signed new agreements with a new country. So you must break all treaties with colonial parents if you want the added UN Subsidy bonus for having trade agreements.

Return to “Issues and Support”